FRANCES ON TRADING BLOCK!!!

ATownStomp

I really like Francis and he could really help this team a ton, but we dont need to give up any future 1sts at this point, unless we get a KG or Duncan. I would give up Walker/Diaw for Francis and maybe throw in a 2nd rounder, but thats about it. Walker is a vastly underrated team and he could slide right in at PF and put up these same numbers for the Magic and also allow Nelson to start at PG....so we would certainly be helping them.

Francis allows us to draft Bogut next year......man that would be a sick starting lineup:

Francis / Childress / Smooth / Harrington / Bogut

Francis is a great individual talent but I am not sure any team could win big with him as the point guard. He is basically the Antoine Walker of point guards, great stats at first blush, but looking deeper you see really low shooting percentages, lots of turnovers, and, for a max contract guy, an inability to get a team over the hump from decent to really good.

Yes Orlando has improved dramaticly from last year, but a large part of that has to do with the return of Grant Hill, the presence of Dwight Howard and the team actually trying to compete.

i think if something crazy like that were to happen, you may see Francis really concentrate on his point guard dishing skills. i don't think he wants to be known as a stephon marbury type player. I would happily do that deal as long as the 1st is protected lottery and in 3 drafts from now.