• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bobcats lose two consecutive on buzzer beater

CBAreject

Pryzbilla - 28.6 mpg 66% fg 7.9 ppg 10.7 rbg 2.9 bpg

Dalembert - 27.0 ppg 59% fg 8.6 ppg 7.7 rbg 1.9 bpg

I'm not saying that Pryzbilla is better than Dalembert (or vice versa) but a lot of people on this board seem to think that Dalembert is the answer for us at Center next year. I remain unconvinced that we should spend big FA dollars on Dalembert (or trade a guy like Walker for him) when his production at this point is less than that of a guy we could (actually SHOULD) have had for $1.75M a season.

I am like you Trace. I am not convinced Dalambert is the answer to our problems at Center. He is an average Center.

I still scratch my head on BK signing Collier instead of Pryz. Now Pryz is not a savior either and is average also, but like you said we should of had him at 1.7 Mil/year. We are talking about signing Dalambert for BIG bucks. I am not sold yet!!

Pryz has heart which is more than I can say for Collier. He wasn't afraid to bang or stick his nose in their on rebounds either. He does all the dirty inside work that no one on our team will do.

I would much rather have a hard nosed defensive center than a poor man's Michael Doleac.

• Premium Member

For a minute there, I was beginning to think EVERYBODY shared the same view on Dalembert and that maybe I was just an idiot who couldn't clearly see what he was all about. Not that Sammy D doesn't have potential or that he wouldn't be a nice addition, but some of the trades that I've seen proposed for this guy are risky to say the least.

He seems like a decent prospect. More importantly though, he seems like yet another big guy that plays well enough to spark the interest of those who are continually trying to find that 7 foot diamond in the rough. Which means come time to sign or resign the kid, he'll get ridiculous offers.

Should we have been so fortuneate, we also had people willing to take on garbage contracts on top of that...

Yeesh.

In my book, guys like that you don't go all out to acquire. You either make an even-steven trade or draft your own project and roll from there.

Another reason to draft Bogut. Even potentially good bigs command a high premium, think Adonal Foyle. Point guards have to be outstanding to get a big contract, usually. I'd rather have a big signed to a rookie contract, and go out and acquire a point guard. Signing a big like Dalembert kills you if he doesn't pan out. NO, I don't want Dalembert taking up a fifth of our cap space.

Not me...I was never sold on Dalambert. That is Diesels pet toy for all kind of fantasy trades.

Like a poster said he is good enough to spark a lot of interest, but also not good enough to be a sure success. He has potential but I am not sure he is our answer at Center.

We need to draft Bogut and try to get someone out of FA to pair with him at Center. Keep Drobs and Ekezie and call it a day. That would be very good quality depth at the Center postion.

Przybilla had an option on his contract. The only way Atlanta could have kept him was to pick up that option, which would have paid him around $3.5 million. I believe that was the only hang up in keeping him. If they could have signed him to a deal similar to what they gave Jason Collier, I believe they would have. When they declined his option, they basically renounced his free agent rights and couldn't negotiate with him.

i think that Dalem had some good games last year and was showing some potential. With him being young and being a good athletic size and showing potential, he was one to want to consider for aquiring. As we all know, once a name has surfaced that sounds reasonable, it explodes and you hear it in every trade rumor.

Now that he has shown much more development, and the realization of other centers becoming free agents and with Bogut, the talk has died down. I was more of a Kwame Brown trade prospect person with considerations for Curry. But now that I have been exposed to Bogut, who honestly I'd known nothing about until last couple months, and I see what he's doing, I'm all about him.

Not picking up the option on a player's rookie contract does not preclude you from resigning them as long as you have the caproom to do so (we did). If you are over the cap, you can use one of the available exceptions (such as the MCE) to resign the player. When we didn't pick up DJ's option, we still could have resigned him, we just didn't have the right to match any other offers he might have received.

• Premium Member

What I said about Dalembert is that IF YOU THINK HE IS WORTHY of it, you should trade Walker for him and some bad contracts..

What I suggested here a long time ago was waiting to the offseason to acquire Pryz....and have a rotation of Pryz/Drob/Okiezie at C...

I still believe that will work...

There are others who believe that we can trade Walk for Dalembert/Big dog. Of that I said NO way Philly does it.

Yup, I'm not sure Dalembert is much better than Ekezie who is looking much better lately. I hope Bogut lasts to our pick, I think we'll take him. Bogut really is more of a 4/5 kinda player and could use other bigmen on the floor with him at times. Chandler, Kwame, or Swift in that order of preference with Bogut would be a nice starting 4/5. With our youngsters we'd just be a point guard and a few years of maturity away from being contenders. I bet we can get a lottery type pick for Harrington and get that point with that pick, I'm leaning towards Deron Williams or Jack at this point assuming Paul and Felton are already gone.

Yeah, those are gaudy numbers, no doubt. The question with Pryz, I think was his propensity to be injured. It's usually a good bet that a player who has been injured repeatedly will continue to be injured.

Tyson Chandler is a good example. Danny Fortson the same.

Every now and then, a player surprises you and strings together a couple of healthy seasons. Big Z is a good example of that. Maybe Pryz will keep it up. If he does, Portland has the biggest bargain on a center in the league.

Imagine--the GSW could have signe Pryz for less than half of what they're paying Foyle. He's 3 times the player, too.

That's exactly the lineup I'd like to see. We'd still have tons of capspace too. Maybe we'd buy us another good starter such as a point or a few backups. You figure JSmoove and Drobnjak could slide to the PF but actually with all the capspace why not pick up another PF/C. I guess we could resign Walker since we'd need the offense but I'd rather spend the money on an outside specialized SG.