Man that was SICK.......I am hoarse from screaming

Admin

• Premium Member

He put the Nique jersey on!!!! He put the Nique jersey on!!!! He put the Nique jersey on!!!! He put the Nique jersey on!!!! He put the Nique jersey on!!!! He put the Nique jersey on!!!! That alone was enough for me!

It's been a LOOONG time coming man!

Oh man and that last dunk!?!? Oh man. A 360, windmill, tomahawk...All of Nique's dunks in one.

What's that sound? Music...? Horses...? Wheels...?

Could that be a bandwagon I hear?

• Admin

J smooooove owned that contest! Best series of dunks since Vince Carter. Brought the dunks, the power, the creative...THE JERSEY! haha, sick indeed.

He's got the media spotlight on him now. If he can continue to elevate his game and get better in front of the camera (please god get better) he will make a lot of fans. Very exciting time for the him and the franchise.

Way to go josh!

Did he even attempt any dunk more than once? He looked like Vince and Nique did out there during their runs. If he has his head on straight and gets his jumper in line, there is no reason he cant be a superstar in this league. Thank God he is a Hawk!!!!

This is the notification... no, no, the RE-iteration that the Atlanta Hawks' future star has been born, and his name is Smoove. Congradulations Josh on making not only Dominique, the Hawks Orginization, Dupri, Ludicrus, etc. (as spoken by Magic) but all Hawks fans very proud. Shine!

PS - Our future star needs some training in front of a camera. Not that he isn't going through enough training as is.

I am wondering if this dunk contest will cause networks to televise more hawk games next year. Those dunks were breath taking. I went into this thinking oh this will be another run of the mill dunk contest and after seeing the whole thing I cannot wait to see next year's and have Josh Smith come back with more innovative dunks.

• Premium Member

I think Martin not moving an inch is what made the dunk probably the best in the competition.

I struggle to see why Stoudamire's dunk got a 50... It was really the work done by Nash.... Once again, Amare had to rely on a feed from Nash...

• Premium Member

The first dunk by JR was a very good dunk. I think he ruined it by missing twice but when you look at what he was trying to do, it was more creative that Amare's 50 and the fact that he did it was at least a 48 in my mind...

player.

I love Josh and see in the future he could be a great blocker and rebounder but just because he won the All Star dunk contest doesn't make him a real NBA player.

That is the problem with the NBA these days. If you can show off a dunk you become a star. Who cares if you have next to no talent to back it up. (Not saying josh isn't talented because he is but I am saying that his talent is there because he tries hard not because he can dunk.

• Premium Member

This could be the beginning of something if we choose to make it.

Remember the allstar games is about fan votes primarily then you get the guys who the coaches choose. I think now that he's a slam dunk contest winner and a popular one, Smoove could capitalize by getting the fans votes IF he takes the Vince Carter road.

Vince has always been voted in highly because Vince is a guy who fans want to see. I think if J-Smoove becomes a guy who attacks the rim on every occassion, fans would want to see him too. However, J-Smoove would have to remain a good guy. He would have to become a 18 ppg player or above (unlike Harold Miner), he would have to not have media fights with his coach and owner (Unlike J-Rich), and he would have to have the organization behind him (unlike Brent Barry).

I think if BK was looking for a face of the Hawks, J-Smoove just stepped up.