• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

A trade with Denver I would seriously consider

Admin

I really think that our interest in K-Mart was genuine during the offseason as he fits the style of PF that we need. I have also heard that Denver would listen to offers for him as they arent satisfied with what he has brought to them. I am not sure if that is legit or not, but if it where, he is a trade I would offer to them that would help them out tremendously this year and help us tremendously next year.

Atlanta Trades

Antoine Walker

Tony Delk

Atlanta Receives

Kenyon Martin

Voshon Lenard

Nikoloz Tskitishvili

Skita is just a throw in to allow us to deal them Delk, the outside scoring threat that they desperately need. Toine would fit in well there with Camby to protect him and he gives them some outside scoring.

K-Mart is a beast in the east and would look great playing with Smooth for the next 6 years. They could become an unstoppable 2some with a good PG to get them the ball. They would be a 3some rotation with Harrington and we would have tremendous depth there. Skita could come here and get a tryout with us before becoming a FA this offseason. He may not be worth keeping, but he doesnt hurt our cap situation any next year if we dont want him. Lenard would give us an excellent shooter to compliment our inside scoring. He would probably come off the bench to back Childress up next year when he is fully healthy. I would feel very confident that our 2,3,4 rotation is locked up for years with this deal. We could focus on drafting the best PG available and throwing some solid money at Dalembert in the offseason to finish off the squad.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there's the rub: Question in general: if a trade like this (that acutally makes sense for both teams) comes down, and it were up to you to include either a future first or JChill...what would you rather do?

The trade really makes quite a bit of sense. True, as I said over the summer, we'd be overpaying for KMart, and as stated and now shown, he's not really a max player in that he needs a pg/gets many of his points in transition/putbacks...but he'd probably be worth it to this team and franchise...

Denver - in danger of not making the playoffs, having two similar players in Nene and KMart (plus Camby, who they just resigned), is in disarray (without continuity) as they have a new coach and are without Lenard...

plus there's the obvious connection (for whatever reasons) between JSMoove and KMart)...

Kenyon Martin has faked injuries the last two years when key players on his team were injured just to avoid having to go on the floor with out them (with no chance of winning) That is the kind of attitude you want on this team?

Do you really want Smith and Childress learning from Kenyon Martin? The guy is a punk and a malcontent. It took him exactly 3 minutes to have a fight in Denver and before that he was starting trouble in NJ laughing at Alonzo Morning nearly dying not to mention he dissapears in deciding playoff games. He did it in againt LA, Boston and San Antonio.

• Premium Member

Quote:

there's the rub: Question in general: if a trade like this (that acutally makes sense for both teams) comes down, and it were up to you to include either a future first or JChill...what would you rather do?

Kenyon Martin is not that good! Why in H_ll would anyone trade away their future & pay Kenyon Martin 90 plus million dollars? Denver is under .500 right? So what would he do on a team with less talent? Some People!

Quote:

Thats tough because I really wouldn't want to trade Chil or a first. (definitely not this year's first) I might do like a lottery protected first in 2006, but I'm not sure yet. If I were BK, I would have to think about that for a while and probably consult with Woody for a long time before I could make that deal.

A thug is someone who intentionally bullies, robs, rapes, murders, harrasses, etc. someone who is what you would consider to be the average person. Yeah K-Mart might not be a saint, he might have been wrong if he did what you claim about Mourning. If its true that he wont play unless conditions are optimatal that would make him a bad teammate and bad investment, but it certainly doesnt make him a thug and those things certainly arent documented or proven.

However, my point is that for you to compare him to a thug is laughable at best. Some of you guys throw that term around far too loosely when you dont have a damn clue what a real thug is.

From Urbandictionary.com:

thug:

"A person, usually a man, who has taken to a life of violent crime. Usually raised in a hostile, deprived environment. They could be hanging with gangs on street corners. They differ from gangsters in the respect that hey are not into organising crime. A thug could graduate into a gangster and may work for one, while still doing spontaneous muggings or dealing. When in gangs they can be proprietary about their turf."

Sounds more like Latrell Sprewell or Ron Artest.

• Premium Member

I don't think Denver would listen to any parts of that deal.

Even if they were ready to move Martin, they hold Skita and Lenard in high regards. Even though this is a contract year for Lenard, they realize his value and are already looking to resign.

Lastly, Kiki is more shrewd than to just give up an allstar quality PF for a rental. He would definitely want our first. Look over his history in making deals! The man would rob us blind before he just handed over Kmart.

They hold Skita and Lenard in high regards? Thats why they re-signed Lenard to the long term deal he wanted this offseason right? Oh wait they didn't. Skita barely even gets off the bench and they definitely aren't offering him a new contract at the end of this year when he becomes a FA. Lenard if a FA this offseason and wont play again this year.

This trade improves them by 15-20 ppg if Delk starts and gives them a serious shot at the playoffs THIS YEAR. They have tons of cap room this offseason to re-sign both guys if they work out, or they can move Toine in a SnT somewhere just like we did with Jax this past offseason.

Once again though your REAL beef with the proposal is that you didn't come up with it yourself.

• Premium Member

Why haven't Skita been traded again???

Remember this summer, when we had interest in Skita? They wanted Diaw and a future first Do you think that's not high regard...

as far as Lenard goes... let me let the Nuggets speak for themselves... RMN Lenard

Quote:

Since losing Lenard to a torn left Achilles' tendon in their opener, the Denver Nuggets have resembled a plastic fork missing one of its tines.

Sure, they have managed to keep stabbing away at victories, but the chore would be a lot easier with Lenard keeping defenses honest on the perimeter.

"We knew (the injury) was really devastating in many ways," general manager Kiki Vandeweghe said Monday. "Whenever you take away any team's best shooter, it changes the dynamic of the team and it's a problem."

Quote:

Lacking a consistent outside threat, the Nuggets (21-26) have seen plenty of zone defenses as teams dare them to shoot from beyond the arc. Based on the first-half results, that strategy is not likely to change anytime soon.

"I think a lot of teams play us zone because they think we really can't shoot," center Marcus Camby said. "We've been missing our best shooter all season. We've got to prove we can hit it."

First, the Nuggets DID NOT ask for a future first with Diaw. I don't even know where you got that idea from. They had talked about a straight up swap and who knows which of the sides balked at the deal, maybe both.

Second, of course they are missing Lenard, anyone can tell you that. What you are conveniently ignoring is that there are TWO MAJOR UPGRADES to Lenard on the FA market this offseason who will BOTH likely end with new teams in Ray Allen and Michael Redd. Redd is supposed to be going to the Cavs, but Allen has been rumored to be going to Denver.

He is an NBA thug. He is known for the BS he pulls on the court.

The guy has quit on two teams during the season and I can't believe you would want Smith and Chgildress to be under his lack of leadership for all the reasons I posted above.

He made fun of Alonzo last season it was all over the internet.

Quote:

A thug is someone who intentionally bullies, robs, rapes, murders, harrasses, etc. someone who is what you would consider to be the average person. Yeah K-Mart might not be a saint, he might have been wrong if he did what you claim about Mourning. If its true that he wont play unless conditions are optimatal that would make him a bad teammate and bad investment, but it certainly doesnt make him a thug and those things certainly arent documented or proven.

However, my point is that for you to compare him to a thug is laughable at best. Some of you guys throw that term around far too loosely when you dont have a damn clue what a real thug is.

Kenyon Martin is an educated millionaire, who has traveled the world, come back from career threatening injuries, to become a leader on his team and in the community. mad.gif

While you are probably some mid level manager, punk kid or college student. Where the hell do you get off critisizing someone you dont know by calling them a thug. Try to get to his front door, see who security thinks is the thug. tongue.gif

Quote:

Sprewell and Artest Have more money than you. I met Artest a year ago he is a cool cat, he has greater ambitions than basketball. I think the ------ assed fans dont get that.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, they have more money than I do. I see. That must mean that they are not thugs.

I don't need earthly riches, brother. Money hasn't made Artest or Sprewell better...just richer. When I die, I will be able to say that I never choked my boss, that I never slugged out three harmless smaller guys with the most violent haymakers imaginable, that the time I was given and the money I did earn I shared with those who needed it most.

The measure of a man is not what he has, but what he does with what he has.

Quote:

Have more money than you. I met Artest a year ago he is a cool cat, he has greater ambitions than basketball. I think the ------ assed fans dont get that.

Does these "greater ambitions" include asking for a month off during the season to promote his music album while he's under contract to play basketball? Whats worse is he still expected the Pacers to pay him while he would be out and about promoting this album. Maybe I'm a ------ assed fan that don't get it. Maybe I'm wrong for having an issue for with someone who goes into the crowd and swings on an innocent guy all because he got hit with a beer. Please enlighten me so I can get it because I'm having a tough time understanding why I should think that is cool.

• Admin

Give me a break, artest IS a thug...no, let me rephrase...he's a wannabe thug. No wait, he's an immature, wannabe thug. You may think he's a "cool cat" because you shook his hand a year ago or because he wants to be a rapper. But that doesn't make up for a near lifetime of thuggish, immature behavior.

Fans don't know him. They only know the image he puts out for everyone to see. The image Ron Artest has consistantly put out is one of an immature, wannabe thug who thinks people owe him something because he's a decent ball player. Unfortunately that also seems to hold true in his professional relationships , as I speak from experience.

• Admin

haha, the answer is no, you don't know him either. All you know is what you've read.

I love how you show your character by trying to call out people for their careers or how much money they have..you're a class act.

Oh and BTW, kenyon doesn't have security at his home, just his wife.

Artest comes from the slums, got an education and reached the height of of his profession. Can you say the same.

Your talking about someone you dont know whatsoever as though your some type of expert on his life. LMBAO! I am sure if his mother dies tommorow, your going to post something commemorating her. No! Your going to post something horrible like you did about Rick James.

Artest is no saint but neither are you. The difference is that he is famous and therefore every mistake he makes is in the public eye. Versus when you or any of your fellow Hawksqauwkers do anything short or going on a killing spree it wont make the back page of the AJC. tongue.gif

One point although I think that the players should have let shhhhh go with that basketbrawl nonsense. And I agree Artest should have been more mature about it. It is amazing to me the hypocracy of white America.

There have been several occasions when white hockey players fought fans. Yet when black players do it, it is the end of western civilization. SMDH! mad.gif