• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Rumor from the AS Game last night

Admin

Did you guys hear them talking about the potential deal between the Lakers and Kings? Supposedly the deal would be Lamar Odom for Peja and Bobby Jackson. Not sure how the salaries match up, but it certainly seems like the Lakes would be getting the better end of the deal.

I wonder if Harrington or Walker/Delk could get us Peja/Jackson?

I don't think so. Harrington is not quite on the same level as Odom. Actually I don't think its close. Odom brings much more to the table with better rebounding, ball handling, and passing. Odom is more athletic, and truly can play multiple positions without making much of a compromise.

• Premium Member

The real question is why are the Lakers trading Odom?

Brian Grant is the Big Nothing and I wouldn't bet the farm on Walton's Boy....

The only thing that comes to mind is that the Lakers want some capspace.

About the Kings, why would they want Odom?

This is a fine year for Webber... Probably his Finest. There's no reason for the Kings to want another PF type...

However...

Imagine if we split the difference!

Harrington to the Kings for Peja works straight up.

Walker/1st(2006 protected top 8) to the Lakers for Odom/Atkins...

We line up:

Bogut/Odom/Smoove/Peja/Atkins....

Actually...

Peja for Harrington and a resigned Walker (5 yr 54 million) puts us in a better place.

• Premium Member

About Peja for harrington? This deal was rumored this summer when Harrington was with Indy and Peja demanded to be traded. The rationale was that the Kings wanted a more half court friendly team.

About Walker?

I think it depends....

Like i said, what does the Lakers want?? It may be capspace... We often hear about how cheap Sterling is... Well, the Lakers owner isn't Mr. Big Spender either.. especially when they are not winning. Also, we don't know... Maybe Kobe doesn't like Odom? You know if Kobe cries, you're gone.

But back to capspace...

Grant is the imtradable object. No team will take his contract off the Lakers hands and he has at least 2 more years of killing their cap.

Odom has 5 more years of a big contract...

If the Lakers wanted cap relief and talent, they get Peja... Bobby Jackson is essentially in his last year (team option) so they could opt not to resign or trade him outright.

However, Walker to LAL would make sense because you'd get a PF in the last year of his contract. You'd get a 1st rounder from a lowly team. if there are problems with Kobe and Odom, you move Odom, get Walker and if Kobe doesn't like Walker you can not sign him and have money under the cap to sign somebody like Reef.

It all depends on why the Lakers would want to do this?

While Odom has one of the best multi-faceted games in the league, Peja is arguably the best at what he does. Peja scores in bunches from the outside. If he gets hot it's game over. Kind of like Reggie Miller, a pure shooter who can average 24 points/game. Odom won't average more than 18 points. Also, Peja opens up the paint because you have to respect his shot.

Just read it on realgm

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap.php

Fox Sports Net's Jack Haley is reporting the Lakers will trade Vlade Divac, Caron Butler and Devean George to the Utah Jazz in exchange for big man Carlos Boozer, pending league approval.

Trade rumors swirled around the Lakers all through All-Star Weekend in Denver, particularly forward Lamar Odom. One report Sunday said Odom had been offered to the Kings for All-Star forward Peja Stojakovic. And another said that Odom was dangled to Utah in a Boozer trade.

But the Los Angeles Times reported Monday that the Lakers said Odom had not been discussed in any trade talks.

The NBA's trade deadline is Thursday.