• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

How long have we fans wanted Payton here?

Admin

I know we have been talking about trying to trade for him for at least 4 years.....thats as far back on these boards as I go. This is pretty exciting.

I think if we can extend him it allows us to take one of the 2nd tier PGs like Williams from Ill. who is long and athletic, instead of having to take one of the big names like Paul. This would be with Bostons pick of course, while taking the best player with our top pick or moving down and getting another first.

Yes that is a position of need for us, but there are some really good young rFA's that we can make big offers to this offseason. If Marvin Williams becomes the next VC or T-Mac, you cant pass that up.

I like Bogut, but he isnt a no-brainer pick IMO. I do think that I would draft him if we had EXCELLENT workouts for us, but with Randolph Morris and/or Marvin Williams maybe being in this draft there are still some options.

I would definitely go with Williams at PG if he is still there with the other first rounder.

Offensively he is probably better than any C, but he doesnt even compare to Johan Petro defensively, which is a quality that both Knight and Woodson crave in their C's and we could get him in the teens. All will depend on which player they think is the best talent, regardless of position with that top pick.

I mentioned Marvin Williams because we could work him into the rotation at 2,3,4 with Chillz, Smooth, and Al and eventually move Al to someone else. I would just hate to see us be the team that passes on the next VC or T-Mac or whatever in favor of a guy who has only played against good competition once like Bogut has.

However, it will all come down to the pre-draft workouts. If we bring him in and he blows our minds with his ability, then its a no brainer.....but right now I am still not locked into taking him.

I dont care what he has done in college or against any other International big bodies.....all I care about is what he did against Duncan (which was impressive) and what he shows in the pre-draft workouts. He is certainly worthy of the top overall pick, but he isnt the only one.......thats all I am saying.