• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wow, have you guys seen this picture?

Admin

Apparently we are pretty interested in Diaz from the U...this is a crazy picture. Reportedly he has a 50" vertical leap!

He could be our PG that we take in the mid teens. I havent seen him play so I dont know anything about him...but man what an athlete.

diaz3.jpg

Yeah...i was already thinking about the Hawks maybe going after Diaz, i like Diaz a lot, i think he has more upside than most of the other point guards in this draft, he has insane athletic ability, and he played really well in the games i saw him in so far this year, he seems to step it up in bigger games too

If the hawks could get Bogut and Diaz...i would be really pleased

The U is a Miami Hurricanes thing. Its what we call our school (which is where I went to college).

He hasnt technically declared for this years draft, but he probably will end up going. He is their PG-SG and has only been playing organized b-ball for 2 years now, converting over from volleyball. He has enormous upside, but is still pretty raw.

I just heard that we are interested in him from one of the Hawks mods on RealGM who said that we have sent our scouts to see him numerous times, plus Knight and Woodson have each gone and scouted him. Not sure if any of that is true, but I was just passing on his info.

Here is the link on NBADraft.NET to him:

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/guillermodiaz.asp

Guillermo Diaz...he plays for U of Miami, he is currently no.2 in the ACC in scoring at 18.4 a game...

he is 6'2" so thats not exactly spud webb size...

he plays better in big games as well...27 points against GT, 25 points against Duke, 30 points against UNC, and 27 against Maryland

I would love to see the Hawks take Diaz, im not saying he is the point guard of the future, im not saying he is the best point guard in the draft, but i think where the Hawks 2nd pick will fall, he will be the best talent available possibly, and if they could get him with that mid first round pick, i hope they do

Guillermo Diaz would be a great pick for the Hawks. He's athletic, creative and isn't afraid to "take the big shot" at the end of games... Coach Woodson, who was a guard himself, may be more inclined to draft a player like Diaz.

Diaz has intangibles that Dwayne Wade had coming out of college. There is a sense of maturity and confidence about him that he knows he "belongs" in the league.

Jason Terry has had a semi-productive career, but he wasn't a "true leader" and disappeared to often in the 4th quarter of games... The Hawks need a leader in that backcourt... and Guillermo Diaz is probably the best pick the ATL can get...

However, I believe Diaz has more potential than Terry does and Diaz's game can transition faster on the next level...

I had seen a quote about Coach Woodson telling Boris Diaw to 'take more shots'... You wouldn't have to tell that to Diaz..Diaz is going to make mistakes, but he will learn from those mistakes more quickly due to his personal confidence in himself and his maturity level.. Dewayne Wade wasn't seen to make a big impact by "experts", but he did.. The Hawks have had players over the years DerMarr, Boris and to a certain degree Josh Smith.. who are very 'tentative', but with Diaz I belive it would be different...