• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Reaction to the trade

CBAreject

• Moderators

So did we get an 2005 pick. I saw it reported as a future first round pick. That's good but I'd like to see us make a trade for a player at some point. I guess that's offseason stuff.

It would have been good to get GP sooner so we could trade him to a contender for something else. Maybe a backup center or 2nd round pick. I'd be surprised if he put on a Hawks uni.

I'm caught between "Great trade, couldn't have done much better", and "solid trade, could have gotten more."

This was probably the best deal that Atlanta had on the table because it included a first round pick, which will likely be in the 14-17 range. That's where we got Josh Smith last year. The Hawks also didn't take back any bad contracts.

The bad part is, I just believe Walker had more value than this.

I think we might have gotten more, but I'll take the draft pick in a second. I do believe it is a 2005 pick. This means we have a lot more flexibility in who we take with out first 1st round pick. If we don't get the one pick and lose Paul to someone else, we can take Bogut or another center and then take a PG with this later pick.

Perfect trade. Could not have done any better and that's obvious considering how late it went down.

We will add two more good, possibly great players to our team on draft day. The HawkHaters will be taking notice in a year or two. I think this deal, which just secured us our 4th 1st round pick in two years, just put them on notice big time.

They may not be printing anything great about this deal but they are not hatin on it either. How can they? BK accomplished exactly what he set out to do. This is also what most of the haters thought was asking to much and he would not be able to get it done before the deadline.

I am just happy as hell my friends. Total bliss and cannot wait for the draft! Actually considering trying to attend it this year! Go Hawks!