• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I Really Don't Understand You So -Called Hawk Fans

d2v16DKG

I think of all the posters I agree with sick five the most. Listen, if the Hawks try their best every night, we will still get a top 4 pick. There are thirty games left. We have to play every night like we are going to win. To me there is no danger in us TRYING to win because even if we try it's not going to happen.

Yup. we got the 6th pick by winning 1 too many games.

I'm sure the LA Clips are sorry they mailed it in. If they'd won a couple of meaningless games, they never would've gotten Livingston (or had a chance at Okafor).

Some of you guys who say, 'Aw, you can't guarantee the first pick,' or 'Aw, we oughta just win all we can,' need to realize just how narrow the difference is between the #1 spot and the #3 spot.

We are 1 win away from the third worst record, and that would give us an incredibly reduced chance at a top 2 pick. As it stands, we'd have an excellent chance (I think around 50/50). It's true we can't guarantee #1, but please understand probability! The #1 pick is MUCH more likely to go to the worst team than it is the 3rd worst team. It's not just the #1 pick, either. The chances of picking top 3 for the #1 team are extremely favorable.

We need to get in the top 2. If we fall down to 5th or so again, we'll have a tough time getting the superstar we need.

I think the experience last year kind of tainted everybody. This year is totally different record wise. We are on pace for the losingest Hawks season of all time, that was not the case last year. Talent wise it doesn't compare either. If Josh Smith, Childress, and Harrington are capable of leading the Hawks to a few victories that's fine with me. I don't think the Hawks can do much more to mail this season in.

For everyone who wants us to be intentional about losing games, how exactly do you do that? We all want the Hawks young players to gain experience and play their best. I don't think we're going to go on a five game win streak out of it.

I agree with you 99% about wanting to win and 100% on Walker but people who claim they are fans of this team have dreams of a player from the FA market coming here and signing a contract when common sense says it won't happen.

Even a average overhyped player like Kenyon Martin used us to get NJ to wake up and then turned around and signed with Denver.

Quote:

Let me understand this. We trade our best player and get nothing in return except for a high first-round draft pick and most of you guys are over-joyed about this. In fact, one so-called Hawk fan comments this is great because we will continue to lose games. Maybe I got it wrong, but I thought a fan roots for their team to win. Yes, I know you're all excited about the draft and cap space but no one's going to want to play for a team that loses all the time. When I first heard about the trade and getting Gary Payton, I thought we were getting a good point guard who can shoot which we sorely need. But now I'm hearing we're looking to buy out his contract so he can sign with someone else. Walker played hard every game and wanted to play here. We should have continued to build around him; but to let him go and get nothing in return is beyond me. I know I'm in a minority among you guys who post all the time, but let me know if at least one other person feels the way I do. If not, I'll shut up and let you guys cheer for our team to lose!!