• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My Ode to Wretch...

mrhonline

• Premium Member

It looks like we get to find out just how good Childress and Smith are going to be without Walker taking the bulk of the offense on his shoulders.

They're just rookies, so we should have reasonable expectations, but I for one hope that they excel.

• Premium Member

What scares us all or should is not having Walker to absorb the defense. Not that it matters much because we're not trying to win, but it's sorta like teaching your kid to ride his or her bike... You know that when you're not holding on to the back of the bike, they will go along for a while but eventually they will fall...

• Premium Member

Me too. This is the way it's supposed to be done. I know you can't put the burdon of the world on the young guys, but at this point in our rebuilding...expectations shouldn't be so high. And eventually, it will be up to these youngsters to carry the team. It will be all on them to get it done and personally, I'd rather have them out there battling every game in MEANINGFUL situations.

These games in the past few weeks have really shown the potential of Childress. He's a 6'-8" 210, rookie, guard that is putting up double doubles in pts and rebounds on a consistent basis - with very little action in the beginning of the season. With Walker gone, he has just become a MAJOR focus in the offense and I think he's going to continue to rise. I love it.

Quote:

What scares us all or should is not having Walker to absorb the defense. Not that it matters much because we're not trying to win, but it's sorta like teaching your kid to ride his or her bike... You know that when you're not holding on to the back of the bike, they will go along for a while but eventually they will fall...

The only way to learn is to fall and get back up and ride. No one said it would be easy.