• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK says Childress will be a 2-guard

CBAreject

How about Josh Smith? If he is projected as a SF than we can forget about Hughes, Johnson or Allen. Chill/Smooth ar the SG/SF of the future. Is Al the PF of the future? One thing I do know is that if Chill/Smooth are the 2/3, we need a PG that can shoot. I like Daniel Gibson from Texas.

Daniel Gibson

Josh Childress

Josh Smith

Al Harrington

Andrew Bogut

If Al doesn't fit, sign and Trade Harrington to Washington for Kwame?

Gibson/Chill/Smooth/Brown/Bogut

We would still have our cap room. I don't think we should spend it this year other than short deals for veterans to fill out the roster.

If we ended up with a line-up of [pick college point guard], Josh Childress, Josh Smith, Al Harrington and Andrew Bogut next year, who do you think leads that team in scoring? What about the following year?

I just ask because the teams sets up similar to Detroit in that there are a number of good scorers but no great 22+ per game scorer.

Scoring consistently could definitely be a problem. That's why I was saying, if we draft a PG, he needs to be able to score. Gilchrist sounds like one of the better overall scorers as far as outside range and size to take it to the rack but his attitude is in question. Isn't Bogut a pretty good offensive player?

Bogut is supposed to be a good offensive player but he is a center, and the only center in the league to average over 20 a night is Shaq. I would expect more Yao, Miller, Big Z type of offensive production from Bogut once he gets more experience. Maybe even Brad Dougherty type numbers.

Bogut is terrific offensively. He has the best post game of any big man coming out since Duncan.

I'm not making any promises about his NBA career, but he definitely has the potential.

I actually think Bogut might play PF in the NBA, though.

Remember that a good starting lineup averages only 75 ppg, so you don't need a 22 ppg guy if you have 5 16 ppg guys.

Nbadraft.net compared him to Kevin McHale and I've heard his passing skills are Vlade-ish. I've watched him 2 or 3 times and my favorite part of his game is his aggressive rebounding. Rebounding is the key to good defense. The problem I have with him is that I never see him leave the ground to go for a block and his lateral movement seems below average. Than again, he is 7-feet. Is he 'heavy' enough to guard NBA centers?

• Admin

to the person he gets compared to a lot, Tim Duncan. Duncan is an exceptional rebounder and rarely leaves his feet. Rebounding has NOTHING to do with jumping ability and everything to do with instinct and positioning. Duncan also doesn't have the greatest lateral movement, especially since his knee tweaks. But he's a heck of a defender because he knows how to defend. The same holds true for guarding BIG centers. Though really, there is only one BIG center in the league and that's Shaq. But Duncan does very well when he guards him because he knows how to play defense and doesn't rely on any one or group of physical attributes to make him a good defender.

There is no one specific ability that makes a player good at something in the NBA. A quick first step doesn't make you a good scorer, good hops doesn't make you a good rebounder and good hands doesn't make you a good passer. But if you combine those abilities with some instinct and basketball smarts, you get the good results.