• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jack vs. Diaz today

CBAreject

Two potential future Hawks battled it out today. Miami was up 10, but Jack nearly single-handedly brought back Tech to win. I think Jack will be the best scoring PG out of the group this year. Unlike Felton, he is the focal point for the defense, and they game plan to stop him. He still gets 18 or 20 points on many occasions against some of the toughest defenses. Very good passer, too. He'll never have the assist numbers of Felton because he doesn't have 4 future NBA players to pass the ball to. His three point shooting has improved drastically because he works on it a lot, and we all know he's strong enough to score inside.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=250572390

That's one thing I've noticed about Felton. He seems to lack clutch ability, or maybe I should say mentality. That guy passes up more key shots than Boris Diaw.

Jack runs his offense very well. He can't control the fact that he is the best scorer on his team, but his scoring abiltiy doesn't diminish the fact that he can run an offense.

I agree with your comments and I also caught the game. I have thought for a long time that Jack would be a great fit here. I am afraid Jack will not be available for our second 1st rounder b/c he will probably be drafted between the 8th to 15th pick. I have watched Diaz play about three times and IMO he is not a point guard. He is a freakishly athletic player who can penetrate at will and rise to finish. His jumper appears to be improving. He does not run the offense (Miami uses a point guard by committee style) and he is always looking for his own shot. I could see him developing into a Vinnie Johnson type player in the pros but not the point we need.

I disagree with you guys about Jack going so high. It's a possibility, I admit, but I think the fact that Paul and Deron Williams are lottery locks is going to push Jack down the list. I think Gilchrist currently has more NBA hype around him, and you know Felton does.

Are 5 PG's going to go in the top 15 picks? I don't think so. Not with so many Euro bigmen on the board.

If we really want him, we should try to trade up to get him if we have to.

I perfer the Hawks not to draft Jarrett Jack, and look to fill the point guard void else where. It seems as if people love Jack or they just don't want anything to do with him. I'm one of the people that doesn't want anything to do with Jack, and if we select him he will only hurt the Hawks.

You guys complained about Jason Terry turning the ball over, but how about having a (true)point guard who turns the ball over just as much.

I would take Felton over Jack, and I really like the game Diaz has to offer. The thing about Diaz is he isn't as good of a shooter as Jack is.

• Premium Member

Jack will get a late push and maybe top 5 or so.

The thing about it is that they hype normally dies out for these foriegn players (Podkolzine for example) and Jack actually has a strong track record to rely on. I think it would be a mistake for him to stay in school because that's the path to the 2nd round. Still, I think Jack will move up to about top 5 status because he is a pure PG, he has good size, and he wins. He's the type of player that can step in and do a Wade like Job...