• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm Really Concerned and Confused!

d2v16DKG

• Premium Member

Like I said, I don't think BK is walking on water.

However, what I like about him is this:

He set out a plan... Atheletic, Defensive, Versatile, Long.

He has not diverted from that plan.

Of course time will tell but it's good to have a plan.

The difference between BK and Babcock is that Babcock made moves with no plan.

Babcock gutted the team and put the team in the hands of a rookie PG and 2 guys who never could find a place in the league. Babcock took away an icon and replaced him with a rental. When that fell through, he signed Ken Norman because he thought that Snake would be able to convince Manning to stay. Milwaukee is still laughing.

Babcock signed Big names that didn't match. Theo/SAR/Big Dog... What's the theme of this team...

well once again I'll ask you what I asked you in your last thread, because you didn't answer it. And I'll add another one. PLEASE ANSWER BEFORE MAKING MORE OF THESE THREADS:

1 - looking back, do you wish we could have lost a couple more games last year and gotten okafor or howard instead of childress?

2 - do you wish Sheed had stayed here so we could try to SNT him (or just lose him), or do you prefer Josh Smith whom we got with the 17 pick?

As far as it being a weak draft, everyone said last year's draft was horrible after Okafor and Howard, and it has turned out to be quite deep. So that is not a good argument

• Moderators

Quote:

BK is no more a expert than Babcock was an blithering idiot as far as GMs go.

I agree with your post insofar as Babcock did some good trades (and some bad ones) and picked up some good FAs (and some bad one). However, Babcock's record as a drafter was an unmitigated disaster. He was totally worthless. With several chances in the lottery he ended up with people like Adam Keefe. With the mid-round draft picks he never got a Josh Smith - he would draft the SF from Duke who was out of the NBA as fast as possible. Babcock did a fine job of maintaining a winning franchise but did a horrible job of drafting star talent. In 15 or so drafts, the best player Babcock drafted may have been Stacy Augman, a good journeyman level player. In 4 or so drafts, Knight has taken two players who are better prosects than anyone drafted by Babcock - Josh Smith and Pau Gasol. Chill has that potential, too.

I could not be happier to see Babcock gone to Toronto where he can help his brother continue the Babcock legacy with smart picks like their first Tor draft choice, Araujo.

You are right that Knight is not a certified genius or anything, but he appears to have a definite plan, the conviction to see that plan through and some success as an evaluator of talent. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being.