• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thoughts of a trade?

Diesel

• Premium Member

I was reading a little around the league and Chicago is not enthused about Curry.... Had a thought, I think i'd share...

Harrington/1st (ATL)

to Chicago

for Hinrich/Curry (Signed).

Listening to BK talk. He's not too impressed with the draft as it is. This gives him a chance to get a big man and a PG in one swoop. Chicago still has Gordon/Duhon to man their PG/SG.. then they get #1 to get Bogut and Harrington.

Hinrich/Hughes/Chillz/Swift/Curry...

• Premium Member

actually, I think that they could sign him to an extension before they trade him on draft night...

Moreover, Hinrich/Curry for Harrington/1st.

It sounds good to me.

I'm not sold on Bogut.

I am sold on Hinrich.

floor in crunch time. Ancient A. Davis and Chandler man the big positions during crunch time. Curry is a weak defender and horrid rebounder for his size. The holes in Curry's game are also the holes in our team (weak D, poor rebounding from the 5 spot). I have almost decided that Curry is not a good option for us no matter the cost. Swift, Chandler, Dalembert, even Kwame Brown, are better fits for us.

Hmmm, now that is a big move that actually might help both teams and actually could happen. Seems kinda desperate to me but if BK feels desperate this summer he might consider it. We'd be a better team but then again we'll be a better team just by using the pick. On top of that we should be able to pressure signings the next season or two with our salary cap and pick up someone as good as Curry. So if you look at it that way it almost becomes Harrington and our first for Hinrich and a player we coulda just signed. Looking at it that way, I'd pass. I bet BK would too, he seems draft committed.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I was reading a little around the league and Chicago is not enthused about Curry.... Had a thought, I think i'd share...

Harrington/1st (ATL)

to Chicago

for Hinrich/Curry (Signed).

Hinrich/Hughes/Chillz/Swift/Curry...

Well if Chicago is not enthused with Curry then why in the heck are you? The more I look at your half thought thru trade proposals/ free agent signings, the more I'm convince that you are related to that one time Hawks GM Pete Babcock who also had a bandaid mentality. The Hawk's plan should be simple draft or sign young free agents to fill out the line up and then worry about adding pieces later. Or find a superstar rather than sign guys at the end of their careers like Stoudamire.

the more i think about it, not much separates curry from drobs...drobs can put up 10-15 when getting 30mpg...drobs also doesn't rebound or defend well...

what's the point?

not to mention curry only looks good this year...was overweight and lazy until contract year, with just flashes of good games here and there...

i wouldn't even wanna sign curry for the mle, the more i think about it

• Premium Member

Quote:

Well if Chicago is not enthused with Curry then why in the heck are you? The more I look at your half thought thru trade proposals/ free agent signings, the more I'm convince that you are related to that one time Hawks GM Pete Babcock who also had a bandaid mentality.

tell me something. Look at Chicago and look at where we are. Who do we have that is better than Hinrich? How do you not see those 30 ppg, 10 apg, 10 rpg that the two would bring as being a Babcock move?

What's the other option? WISHING on Bogut? Come on. Yao Ming was supposed to be the man. Had a much better Olympic showing than Bogut. Look at him! Foriegn Centers are soft as tissue paper.

I'll admit, Curry is no Shaq, but he's a bonafide Center. NOt some PF trying to play C. Not some Drob or Collier. Curry is the real deal.

If we could get Curry/Hinrich for Harrington/1st we'd be the winners of the deal.

• Premium Member

Hinrich is the reason why they're winning right now. Granted, they could slide people around and make it work, but it has taken them long enough to find a decent formula. A deal like that would be like rebuilding again.

• Premium Member

First off, there are 3 things that we get in the trade.

Hinrich, Curry, and Capspace. Can you imagine having a squad of:

Curry/Smoove/Chillz/and Hinrich

with 20 million dollars in capspace that can be spent?

That's enough money to go after Hughes or Johnson or Walker or or Stoudamire or three of the fourt at once.