• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2nd round pick: BK's man is Granger

CBAreject

I've been saying Salim Stoudamire all along, but I'm beginning to change my mind. Now that Simien has ended all speculation about the possibility of his falling into the 2nd round, I've decided that our 1st pick of the 2nd round (#31) should be one of the following:

Danny Granger

Salim Stoudamire

Nate Robinson

Channing Frye

I think one of those guys will be there for sure, so we should take the best one of that group. Stoudamire is a known commodity, but Granger has the most star potential. That guy is DEFINITELY a BK player. Relatively long, athletic, good defender. He can also shoot the 3 surprisingly well.

I think BK will have to take Granger unless he drafts Marvin Williams in the first round. You can reach a point of having toooo many 6'8" wings....

Frye is likely a first rounder, just because "you can't coach height", but he's a fair choice at the 31 for that same reason. I think he's a little slight to play NBA center, but he's still an upgrade over what we have.

I'm sticking with stoudamire.

BK will not draft the best player available forever. If we get a big and a PG in the first, why wouldnt he take the best shooter in the whole league in the 2nd? We need shooting almost as bad as a PG and a C

I'm thinking salim stoudamire will be coming here, especially if we get 2 first rounders

I don't think he'll slip into the second. All this speculation that people are throwing out is great...but one must keep in mind that a) the tourney has more impact on one's draft status than anything (need I remind you of Bryce Drew?) and b) PreDraft camps/workouts decide the rest.

Stoudimire has shot lights out this year and comes from a highly touted program....I simply don't see him in the second round...

I know that you understand this already, but sometimes we need reminding that every player cannot be a first round pick. There are only 30 of them. This draft is not a top-heavy one at all. There are lots of mid-level players. That's why it's a good year to have the first pick of the second round wink.gif

I think Stoudamire, Frye, Robinson, and Granger are all good enough to be first round choices. However, there are just too many good players who are slated to go 15-30, and one of these guys (if not 2 or 3 of them) will survive to the 1st pick of the 2nd.

If all of these guys are first round choices, who is going to get pushed out? One of the 5 PG's? I'd love that. Gilchrist would be a nice #31 pick-up.

If, as many believe most first round picks are from

the U.S.A. then there are many good players from

across the pond.

However, if several of these guys from over seas go in

the first round, there are several very good U.S.A.

players left tor the second round.

This looks like a win/win story to me.

cool.gif