• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hindsight: Childress vs. Deng / Iggy

CBAreject

It's too easy to say someone has scored more because they have taken more shots. Iverson shoots all night long, but it's not as if anyone could score like him if they took as many shots as he did. The fact that Deng has taken more shots on a better team says that at this point Deng is a better scorer. Deng is contributing more on a winning team than Childress on a losing team. I like Childress a lot, but at this point you have to vote based on merits that have been seen. Deng, and Iggy imo, have shown more than Childress so far.

• Premium Member

Quote:

t's too easy to say someone has scored more because they have taken more shots. Iverson shoots all night long, but it's not as if anyone could score like him if they took as many shots as he did.

I think you shot down your own argument here. If Anyother allstar shot the same number of Shots as Iverson, they probably WOULD score more than him. Just imagine if Lebron put up as many shots as AI does? James would have about a 40 ppg average. The fact is that AI has a low shooting percentage.

The second thing is this...

If Childress really has these numbers over the last 15 games...

13 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 2.0 apg, 51.4% FG, 45.5% 3P, 87% FT

Then he's probably the best of the three. If you want to go by a purely statistical view of the situation, then you have to take into account that earlier in the season, Josh didn't play much because Play Sf meant that he was taking time from Harrington. Well, now, he gets to play more and it's reflected in his stats and his total game. I'm a believer of judging a player at the end of the season especially rookies because they hit a rookie wall about Jan (like Smoove/Deng)... and they pick it up about March/April...

I think that both Iggy and Chillz should be first team all rookie...

Okafor/Howard/Iggy/Chillz/Gordon

But there's still 20 games to make a case. It could just as easily be Deng not Chillz.

Deng has the all-rookie team locked up, don't kid yourself. He has put up better numbers then either Igoudala or Childress. Also, Deng's numbers are much more meaningful then Childress because his team is much more successful.

In the long run, I am still not sure who will be best. I like Childress' mental approach to the game best - he is very aggresive and has team leader written all over him. Igoudala has some serious athletic upside, so he could make a hughe Richard Jefferson like improvement.

Deng has solid player written all over him. He gets the job done and he seemingly is a hard worker, so he could will himself to stardom.