• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smith got abused tonight by Tayshaun

Admin

for a career high 31 pts. He was just no match at all for Tayshaun taking him inside, knocking down J's outside, and basically getting the hole at will. He is definitely taking some lumps lately and I hope that he can learn from this and improve, but he sure has a long ways to go.

Childress hurt us tonight with his errant shooting as well. He and Smith both need to spend the entire offseason shooting until they cant lift their arms otherwise they will never become stars in this league.

He was a good outside shooter in college although he has always preferred to attack the basket for his points. There is no reason in the world to think that he has suddenly forgotten how to shoot, he just needs to work on it. He will probably never be a Reggie Miller type, but there is no reason to think that he cant fix his broken J.

Give both Smith's some time to work on their game and get stronger and you will see a big different in their outside games. The potential is there, they just don't understand the game enough right now.

Josh Smith need to work on his dribbling a lot in the offseason. He gets crossed up a lot in traffic and he is not confident when he has to put the ball on the court. He seems to panic when no one is open to pass the ball too and he usually turns the ball over. He has to work on this in the offseason. When he works on his handles he will be a much better player and it will even help his jump shot off the dribble.

Josh Childress need to work on his jumper. He doesn't shot well on the move. He is very crafty on the inside, but he has not developed as a true SG yet. He plays like a natural 3. We may need to address SG through FA or the draft.

I would love to have Reddick from Duke as our SG!!

• Premium Member

Tayshun is no unknown... The guy can flat out play his position. He got good training at UK and he's crafty to be so young. He basically used his knowledge to make Smoove look really bad all night.

The good news is that Smoove is younger. He can still mature.

• Premium Member

Just because he's the skinny doesn't make him a SG. Childress has a mentality of a SF. He was a SF in college. He plays better when playing the SF game. I think it's part of his strength that he can put the ball on the floor and slash if he needs to. Making him a SG would be as successful as trying to make Dion Glover a shooting guard... Not to say that Chillz can't, but why?

• Premium Member

Quote:

If we had Reddick at the 2 with Chill and Al at 3 and 4 that would be promising. Throw a good center out there and you have a decent team.

I'd love to get Paul for the point and keep Lue too. That would be a high energy pair.

That team would get murdered by team with a little size! Harrington has more Small forward skills than power foward skills. He is not a 10 rebound a night type player nor would he do well guarding players like Tim Duncan. But Childress on the other hand can guard 2 guards in the NBA. And as T. Prince showed you last night, player can improve their jump shooting with practice. MJ, Majic, L. James are a few of many who did. Rome was not build in a day so give these guys some time please. It takes more than just being able to hit a warm up jump shot to be a successful NBA players so just adding a shooter this team is not the answer. Size, size, and more size is the key. Controling the boards is how most teams win. If you just want entertainment go to the movies but if you want to win championship, worry about the size of your team first and then add your shooters.

Oh I totally agree. He plays like a 3 and he is effective playing as a 3. I would hate to force him into playing the 2, however I will give him more time to develop.

I really like the idea of having Reddick as our SG next year with Chillz and Smooth at the 3. When Reddick is out then Chillz could switch to the 2 and Smooth could play the 3. Harrington could play the 3 or the 4 depending on the rotation.

My wish for this draft is: Bogut and Reddick!!

They would help tremendously!!

• Moderators

I agree that Harrington is better at 3 but I'd like to see us add a shooter and a good center. I know its a lot to ask for, but one of the reasons we can't close out a game (besides wanting a high draft pick) is there are no shooters on the floor. You have to have an inside and outside game. Most of our players are inside guys. The only reason we didn't lose in regulation was 2 bombs from Googs. The shooter is going to more than likely be a 2 with Chill, Smoove and Al at forwards. I think it will work if you get someone at center who can rebound and score.