• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are we showcasing Harrington...

Diesel

• Premium Member

I keep hearing people say...

Harrington is a part of the future. Harrington is a part of the future...

BUT...

Is Harrington a Part of the future?

I'm not saying we put a lot of faith in a rookie, but if we get Bogut... We play him as a C.

It's possible that we trade Harrington for our SG.. BY Pick. For instance.. Some combo of Harrington/1st(Boston) to NY for the K.Thomas/6th pick.

The reason. Harrington is not a good defensive PF. Bogut is not a good defensive C. You put those two together and try to build and we get beat out all the time...

However, if we did it this way and pick up Swift in FAcy.. Then use the 6th pick on a SG like Gerald Green... And use a 2nd rounder on Salim Stoudamire/Lee.

What we have in the end is:

Bogut/Thomas/Drobs

Swift/Lee

Chillz/Smoove/Smith

Green/Stoudamire/Diaw

Watson/Lue

Swift is defensive enough (with Chillz) to defend and hold up the frontcourt.

How many times must it be said that Chill is a 2 guard? According to everyone in the Hawks organization Chill is going to be our 2 guard. Why do we need to worry about Harrington's lack of D for the 4? Play him at the 3, let Smoove back him up and also get minutes backing up Chill.

We look for a 4 and a 5 in the draft FAcy.

We could still end up getting Swift, and lineup

PG

Chill

Harrington

Swift

C (just assume Bogut)

I like Harrington's defense at the 3, his size and quickness is great there on D. Problem is his lack of size at the 4 , right?

As much as I have heard the Hawks organization say Chill is a 2, I have heard them say Al is a 3.

How hard does it have to be? I think some of us are overanalyzing.

I think that is too much to give up for Dwight Howard when we could just wait another couple years for him to become a free agent and sign him. If we're playing well in a couple years I think we could get him in here because he lives here and he is a good friend of JSmoove.

we could end up with Bogut, Al, Jsmoove, DH, Chill+ 2006 draft pick + possible 2nd first round 2005 draft pick! good lord!

• Premium Member

Quote:

How many times must it be said that Chill is a 2 guard? According to everyone in the Hawks organization Chill is going to be our 2 guard. Why do we need to worry about Harrington's lack of D for the 4? Play him at the 3, let Smoove back him up and also get minutes backing up Chill.

We look for a 4 and a 5 in the draft FAcy.

We could still end up getting Swift, and lineup

PG

Chill

Harrington

Swift

C (just assume Bogut)

I like Harrington's defense at the 3, his size and quickness is great there on D. Problem is his lack of size at the 4 , right?

As much as I have heard the Hawks organization say Chill is a 2, I have heard them say Al is a 3.

How hard does it have to be? I think some of us are overanalyzing.

Man I was beginning to think that I was crazy. Thankyou. To me its pretty clear too. Harrington was a 3 when he got here, Is a 3 when googs is in the game. He only plays 4 if indeed he does because there is no one else on the team to play that position. And that is percsely why we lose! Its not becase we don't have a point guard becasue even when Lue scores 27 points on 12-18 shooting and has 10 assist we still lose. Its not because we don't have an out side shooter because we shot 51% from the field and we still lose. Its the interior defense stupid!

• Premium Member

Quote:

What do you guys think about this deal?

Hawks #1(Bogut) and Harrington for last year's #1 pick Dwight Howard?

What has Harrington done to posters on this board? Can anybody explain to me why a lot of people want to trade Harrington for nothing in most cases?

Imo there is no reason whatsoever that Al can't become an Al Jefferson type SF in this league. We don't have enough talent around Al yet to just let him go like this. he is a young guy and his prime is yet to come still!

I think he is PERFECT at the 3. Nice shot out to 18 feet, nice post moves, plays good defense at the 3. He might need to work on the 3 point shot some, thats all. If we had a rebounding machine with physical presence in Bogut at PF/C and a shotblocker at PF/C look out for us man we're on our way.

Quote:

Imo there is no reason whatsoever that Al can't become an Al Jefferson type SF in this league. We don't have enough talent around Al yet to just let him go like this. he is a young guy and his prime is yet to come still!

I think he is PERFECT at the 3. Nice shot out to 18 feet, nice post moves, plays good defense at the 3. He might need to work on the 3 point shot some, thats all. If we had a rebounding machine with physical presence in Bogut at PF/C and a shotblocker at PF/C look out for us man we're on our way.

Al Jefferson type small forward? Is there another Al Jefferson in the NBA beside the rookie power forward for the Celtics that I don't know about? Do you mean Richard Jefferson? He is a totally different player.