• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I wonder if our problem is conditioning

Admin

I watch almost every Hawks game and something that I always seem to see us doing (especially since the Toine trade) is playing very well for 3 quarters, and then in the 4th quarter (or sometimes the 3rd) we have this stretch where we cant get anything to go in and when that becomes it habit its usually due to tired legs. The last 2 games we have had terrible stretches in the 4th after climbing back into the game where we got sloppy, turning it over and missing everything we put up. Maybe this is because so many of our guys are rookies who arent used to long seasons and we have hit the wall. I hope that is the case and its not that Woodson isnt pushing them hard enough with conditioning.

I don't think so because this was happening earlier in the season too, long before our rookies would have hit the wall. I think it's a sign of youth. Inconsistency. Sometimes, our horrible 5 minute stretch is in the 4th, sometimes it kills the game right off the bat in the 1st. I don't think it's conditioning, I think this is something you see alot with young teams that haven't learned to win and keep up the effort for 48 yet.

it was just the rookies who were struggling, but when the 4th quarter comes and guys cant make a shot to save their life and it happens to the whole team, I have to think something is up. We have had stretches of struggling at some point late in the game most of the year, but recently those struggles have seen us not be able to make a shot and sometimes shoot airballs. Thats why I wonder if its because the guys are getting tired. When I see Delk and Lue shooting and missing everything I have to wonder what's going on.

• Premium Member

Quote:

it was just the rookies who were struggling, but when the 4th quarter comes and guys cant make a shot to save their life and it happens to the whole team, I have to think something is up. We have had stretches of struggling at some point late in the game most of the year, but recently those struggles have seen us not be able to make a shot and sometimes shoot airballs. Thats why I wonder if its because the guys are getting tired. When I see Delk and Lue shooting and missing everything I have to wonder what's going on.

It happens to all team but the difference is that other teams have a big man with a low post game to carry them thru those stretches. Jump shooting teams tend to go thru bad stretches.