• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stern wants to make NBDL into NBA minor league?

falc82

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2018562

I personally don't like this certain part:

Quote:

"In a perfect world, I personally would like to see a 15-team development league where, let's say, two teams could share a development team."

Then you would have 1 coach representing 2 different franchises. Would you want our future (Smith and Childress) being coached and governed by someone who also represent say Okafor and the Bobcats? It just seems odd and flawed...perhaps if they waited a bit longer and then had 1 NBDL team per NBA team. I would actually like that.

He also discusses the new age limit rule, which has it's good points and bad points.

Didn't see it anywhere on here and thought it would possibly make for some good discussion other than the same old Bogut vs Williams etc.

No, I think that the NBA team would still own the rights to that player, but that the roster would contain players from 2 teams and ran by one coach. One coach who determines playing time, growth, and could potentially put one player from a certain team in a situation where he could be injured...

Stern has come up with some pure dumb ass ideas. This one just seems to flawed to work, and he wants to have teams in Europe when the teams in Canada don't even seem to work out. How would a team from California play a European team and then play an American team on back to back night games? The 20 age limit has it's positives, but did Stern forgot about that Lebron guy who is saving the league supposedly? I mean why does he want to shut out the Amares, Lebrons, Melo, Smith, and other recent draftees under the age of 20 when it seems it is only helping the league. Melo was the All-star rookie game MVP, Smith won the dunk contest, Bron and Amare were both all-stars..go figure. Stern does not seem to think some of these ideas through though. Let's not forget that it was Micheal Jordan who saved the NBA back in the 90s, not Stern.

Quote:

No, I think that the NBA team would still own the rights to that player, but that the roster would contain players from 2 teams and ran by one coach. One coach who determines playing time, growth, and could potentially put one player from a certain team in a situation where he could be injured...

Stern has come up with some pure dumb ass ideas. This one just seems to flawed to work, and he wants to have teams in Europe when the teams in Canada don't even seem to work out. How would a team from California play a European team and then play an American team on back to back night games? The 20 age limit has it's positives, but did Stern forgot about that Lebron guy who is saving the league supposedly? I mean why does he want to shut out the Amares, Lebrons, Melo, Smith, and other recent draftees under the age of 20 when it seems it is only helping the league. Melo was the All-star rookie game MVP, Smith won the dunk contest, Bron and Amare were both all-stars..go figure. Stern does not seem to think some of these ideas through though. Let's not forget that it was Micheal Jordan who saved the NBA back in the 90s, not Stern.

You could make an argument that having teenagers in the NBA has not helped the game. LeBron is off the charts so it is hard use him in any arguments - he is a once in a lifetime talent.

There is an article on top rookie big men on ESPN right now. It is amazing looking back just how good rookies used to be - when they were a little more experienced.

I like the idea of the NBDL. It will give alot of young guys a chance to play and learn. A guy like Josh Smith still probably won't go to the NBDL - although he would benefit from it. Guys like Donta Smith, Desagana Diop, Travis Outlaw, Maciej Lampe, Darko, etc. all would benefit from getting some real game experience, rather then riding the pine for a few years.