• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

a plan

TheRedStripes

I like Bogut a lot but i think i like the potential of Marvin Williams a little more, so if the Hawks were able to land the top pick id Take Marvin Williams

Theres another player who may be in the draft i really really like and thats Adam Morrison, he reminds me of Larry Bird, and he is a fiery competitor which is something the hawks sorely lack.

I would trade Al Harrington to New Jersey or Toronto and with that pick select Morrison

In the 2nd round i would select Andray Blatche

I realize that leaves the Hawks with too many forwards, no point guard, and no center once again, but...i think the center position can be addressed in free agency, and with all the cap room the hawks could possibly get Dalembert and Kwame Brown

Point guard...i would either resign Lue for a year, or just let Royal Ivey and Diaw run the point for next year, the reason for this is because the point guard i really want, actually the player i want more than any other is Sergio Rodriguez, unfortunately i dont think he will be in the draft until next year, im sure the hawks will be pretty bad next year as well at least a lottery team so they could probably get him, i have seen a decent amount of footage on him a few complete games and other various highlights, the kid is amazing...heres a couple of videos

Clip 1

Clip 2

so in a couple years...

Rodriguez/Ivey/Diaw

Morrision/J.Chill/D.Smith

J.Smoove/J.Chill/M.Williams

M.Williams/Kwame/Blatche

Dalembert/Kwame

I'm not so sure on Morrison. Is he really better than Harrington. He might be, but it's really taking a gamble, given that he doesn't have superstar potential, in my opinion. I think he's a Matt Harpring type player.

Every tall white guy with a little bit of handles gets compared to Larry Bird.

Besides, if we draft a small forward in Marvin Williams, it would be absurd to turn around and trade Harrington to draft another small forward. What would BK be thinking? At least Harrington can make do at the 4. With Smoove, Williams, Childress, and Morrison, we'd have 4 1st and 2nd year SF's. Smoove is the only potential PF out of the bunch, and perhaps Chill can play SG. At any rate, too many 3's!!!!

NOW, if we do draft Williams, I think we should absolutely try to trade back into the lottery to get Raymond Felton or Deron Williams. If we have to give up Harrington for the better of those two, I think it's a good deal. I think the Knicks might bite on that.

first of all, i can say without a doubt i have never compared anybody to Larry Bird until i saw Morrison, i saw him play about 5 or 6 times and the kid isnt just " a tall white guy with a little bit of handles " he's a scoring machine, he is leaps and bounds better than Harpring when Harpring was a sophomore at Tech, he also played his best games against the best competition, and he does handle the ball well enough to play the 2 guard spot along side smoove and marvin williams at the forwards, no it wouldnt be a traditional lineup but it would be a lineup with good height and they could fill it up.

I think smoove and marvin williams have the size and athleticism to rebound and block shots and to play both forward spots together...do we really need to label one a power forward and one a small forward? i dont think so...

Morrison may be a good player, that I will not dispute, but there is no way he can be an NBA 2 guard. Remember, he is a decent jump shooter but does not have great range at this time and while a decent athlete, is not going to be able to guard the likes of Steve Francis, Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade, etc. I rather play Childress at the 2.

i did not say..." Adam Morrsion is going to be the next Larry Bird, he is just as good as Larry was and he will have the exact type of career Larry had" haha i said...he reminds me of Larry Bird, and that he does, he even has the same release Larry had, He is also just a Sophomore

OK, I'll give you that Morrison has a higher ceiling than Harpring, but Harpring was no slouch at Tech. He could fill it up himself.

The point is, if we trade Harrington to get back into the lottery it would be FOOLISH to pick up two more swingmen when we already have two of them.

I'm all for drafting Williams, but we HAVE to address the PG and C positions eventually. In using our own pick on a small and trading Harrington for another, we're using our two best chips without addressing those needs.

I understand that theres too many guys playing the forward spot, i even stated that in my first post...basically i feel that the hawks are so dreadful right now, filling needs isnt going to help all that much, they need to take the best players available and personally i think that is Marvin Williams with the first pick, and at the slot they could get with a trade...between 9 and 12 or so...its Morrison

how many NBA teams are winning championships without an allstar or 2? right now the hawks have how many allstars? zero allstars, or to put it better zero players with all star potential, smoove has plenty of potential but can we just already assume he is going to be an allstar caliber player? you could but that would be naive, i think Williams and Morrison have plenty of potential, so id like to take both those guys, let them develop along with smoove and chill, if all 4 of those guys become all star forwards, GREAT, we can trade 2 of them for needs, if 1 or 2 of them do, ok we keep them and trade the others, rebuilding is not a fun process, you are going to lose for a few years, you have to accept that, getting a mediocre point guard or big man prospect in the middle of the first round...while filling a need...might not be the best way to build a great team in my opinion, i think the hawks would be better off bringing in the players with the most potential and in the future when they are ready to contend, those players can be traded for the esential pieces

and by the way, i wasnt knocking Harpring...i have been a ga tech fan since i was born and have always been a huge fan of Harpring, Harpring was great, Morrison is just a much better scorer at his age than Harprinng was, i mean i hate even having to admit that myself, but after watching Morrison play...its painfully obvious, and i do mean painfully especially during the Tech/Gonzaga game earlier this season