• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Lets play a game

Admin

I would like to play a little game of, would you sign this guy. I would love to get some opinions. I will be putting up the stats of 2 players and lets see if any of you would sign them this offseason.

Player A

Pos - Center

Age - 25

Ht - 6'9

Wt - 240 lbs

MPG - 24.2

PPG - 6.0

RPG - 8.3

BPG - 1.96

SPG - 1.09

Player B

Pos - Center

Age - 24

Ht - 6'11

Wt - 250 lbs

MPG - 24.4

PPG - 7.6

RPG - 7.2

BPG - 1.6

SPG - .63

So, which, if either of these guys would you sign this offseason and for how much?

Well, the 7/7 guy has to be Dalembert, and I assume the other guy is a young Ben Wallace(with Washington)..If you are comparing those 2 you are way off..Wallace has more intensity in his little finger than Sammy D. has in his entire body.

No the other guy I believe is Stromile Swift. I would choose Stromile because he is a better defender. We can't be picky about who we throw money at this summer. We will have to overpay a little in order to get someone decent.

Good job. So, what has all that "intensity" done for Wallace, or should I say did that "intensity" do for Wallace that Dalembert hasnt done? Those stats were their stats after their 3rd year in the league.

My point is simply this, would anyone here have fallen over themselves to sign Wallace after his 3rd year before going to Orlando? How about now, would you sign him to be our center now? Would you want to be the GM that had a chance to sign Wallace just as he was coming into his prime and blew it? What if Dalembert continues along his Wallace path and becomes a similar player? Would you want to be the GM that passed that up?

I am not saying to throw all of our money or even close on him, but he is worth a damn nice contract because C's with his size, youth, and defensive ability dont come around on the FA market very often.

The problem with Theo has always been the injury bug and that he is somewhat small for a C. If he had been able to stay healthy then hell yeah he deserves some pretty good paydays because there arent many shotblockers out there with his ability. Thats part of why I dont like Chandler, because of how much his back problems would worry me.

Dalembert doesnt have that problem. He is THE ONLY legit C out there that we can sign this season that can make an impact on both ends of the floor. Swift is too small to play C, Kwame has the size but doesnt seem to have the desire (although I would still take a chance on him AND Dalembert together), Curry is plenty big enough but doesnt care about defense or rebounding, and Chandler is also too small to play C, has a bad back that would really worry me if we signed him, and his offensive game is atrocious.

There are things that I like about all of the bigs that we can go after this offseason, and there are things that I dont like about all of them. For me, Dalembert has the fewest things that I dont like about his game, which is why I would make him my #1 target. If I drafted Bogut I would be done going for bigs, but if I drafted Paul or Deron Williams or another PG, I would try and get Kwame in addition to Dalembert.