• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Game time.....time to see Bogut step up

Admin

it will be interesting seeing how he handles the UK bigs. I am really interested to see how Randolph Morris does against Bogut. He is a guy I would love to get out of the draft next year. I think his ceiling is almost as high as Dwight Howard and would be a nice consolation for not getting Howard.

I know that Bogut wont have to face guys with the length of Alleyne very often in the NBA, but man he is having major problems getting his shot off against Alleyne. One of the biggest knocks on Bogut is that he doesnt get much lift and that is something that could really hurt him in the pros.

Oh that sucks. I hate that we cant see all these games.

Bogut has looked a lot better in the 2nd half so far getting his shot off. One that thing he does exceptionally well is move without the ball and find a way to get around his man to get into position for the ball. The only thing that he really struggles with is finishing against bigger players.

• Premium Member

I like the way he plays. He can't jump for sh!t, but he really knows how to use his length. He gets a lot of those boards by getting good position and scrapping.

I'm also happy to see that he can score facing the basket. He's not afraid to attack the lane and takes it right in there. I REALLY like that.

...and he just dropped a dime that has completely sold me on his passing.

Oh no doubt, his passing is insane. My only really worry with him is how much trouble will he have getting his shot off in the pros. He doesnt seem to get the separation that a guy like Duncan (similar game) gets. Not comparing him to Duncan, but comparing the style of play that they both employ. At 7' he doesnt have to jump a lot, but he is gonna have to get better at pump faking or something. Offensively he actually kind of reminds me of Nazr. Nazr gets his points with pump faking, since he doesnt have any hops either.

• Premium Member

I think that'll come to him. He's definitely gonna have to work on getting his shot off in the pros. He's so scrappy though, I think he'll be able to work through it. Get him a good big man coach and he'll be fine.

How about his movement without the ball though. He knows how to get position, how to run the pick and roll, how to get into position to score... Bogut is a nice prospect.

Quote:

it will be interesting seeing how he handles the UK bigs.
I am really interested to see how Randolph Morris does against Bogut. He is a guy I would love to get out of the draft next year.
I think his ceiling is almost as high as Dwight Howard and would be a nice consolation for not getting Howard.

So much for a good game from Morris . . . he looked promising last week but was non-existant like most of the year tonight. Hopefully he will pick it up next year.

Bogut did ok, it was not his best game. KU pretty much threw the kitchen sink at him with three different 7 footers. If Bogut would have got just a little bit more help outside he might have had a better night.

He moves well without the ball, no doubt about that but I was disappointed in his ft shooting. Utes could have won this game if they would have made their free throws and like you said as well, they missed some really easy layups tonight. Can't do either of those against a team as good as KU.

Overall he did nothing to hurt his stock, if nothing else he showed that even on a bad night against a good team he can still be very productive.

yeah, he still ended up with 20 points and 12 rebounds although almost all of his points came from dunks..sounds odd since he has no vertical...

if he could just work on his leap and athleticism...but i like him..it's like getting Divac in the draft..i'd be happy with that as a first round pick...

I had the same problem with CBS. I didn't see a minute of the Utah game, only the highlights on ESPN. I think he's #1, because you can't count on a FA center signing here, and it's very hard to pass up a young big man in the draft. Plus, he's really good.

• Premium Member

Morris is not coming out this year. Morris is not supposed to be a top pick in the draft.

What's going on there James? You trying to divert attention away from how bad of a game Bogut had after all his trash talking? Watching the game, Bogut didn't get Doubled at all. And Bogut looked like Collier out there. He missed so many easy 4 footers I don't know what to think.

After all his trash talk, he let a bench player come in and contain him.

Bogut scored... Late in the 2nd... In the middle of Garbage time.

The best thing about Bogut tonight was his rebounding.

His scoring came from uncontested layups... If there was a man on him, it was Bogut... Missed Shot. Now. I don't think Alleyne is a #1 NBA pick... But when he blocked Bogut's shots, I was rolling on the floor laughing.

The truth is that Bogut faced a Kentucky team with talented players and he folded like an accordian. Yeah, he got his twenty after the fact, but he was exposed.

For you who argue that Paul doesn't fair well against taller competition, you better watch this Utah game... Williams is looking better and better.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Watching the game, Bogut didn't get Doubled at all.

from CBS Sportsline.com:

Quote:

"It was pretty simple -- we just wanted to wear him down and
trap him whenever we could
," Orbzut said. "I thought we did pretty good."

Quote:

Smith's game plan was to let his big men go at Bogut alone and force him to catch the ball far from the basket.
Once Bogut had the ball, another defender or two rushed over to prevent him for getting to his favorite spots
. Many of his early misses looked like flicks he hoped might bounce in.

Bogut played every minute of his three NCAA games. His free throw trouble was an obvious indication of his fatigue. After the game, Utah's coach even admitted he played his starter's too much.

All of that + Bogut's worst shooting night of the season should have equaled a blowout. But somehow, Utah managed to stay close with one of the top3 most prestigious basketball schools in the country. (Not to mention that ONCE AGAIN, Bogut changes a top25 team's gameplans).

This game is irrelevant to Bogut's draft stock. Why? Because he still wasn't played straight-up man-to-man. The "let's throw three guys at him while he plays every minute" won't happen in the NBA. The shooters on his team in the NBA will go for 30+ every night if a team tries to pull that crap.