• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tournament Players I like, Players I don't like

tmac13

• Premium Member

That's an interesting take...

I don't think it was neccessarily PR....

I think him getting rid of Babcock's players were more a statement of control. For instance, BK wouldn't consider Fratello as coach. He wanted to put his Imprint on the Hawks.

In a way I guess it was PR, because he didn't want Babcock or Kasten being able to take any credit for the success of the Hawks? That's PR... I think. Or maybe it's just EGO.

I think that he may have made some of hte moves with 'team pr' in mind...i.e. what the players think and know, the general 'rep' within the league...but I dont tink he did it with 'public pr' in mind...hell, if he did, what differnece would it have made? Sadly, I think the Hawks have more fans outside of atlanta than they do inside the perimeter.

it wasn't about 'public perception'.

public pr? PR means public relations. All pr is public pr. Just because BK is not a vocal GM doesn't mean his moves don't carry strong PR. We shipped all AOL players out of town, and the ad campaign all year has been "rise up atlanta, it's a restart for our franchise". That is PR at work. I think is big on PR being achieved through his actions and not his words

i simply don't think that's billy's intent. agreed, it can and should be 'spun' that way to the public...but i truly don't think it (the public perception) drives any of Billy's moves...

changing to cultuer in the clubhouse, the players' mentality, yes )(including 'perception' around the league)...but I dont think he factors in 'what the public would think'.

agreed. and, as stated before..we still have the pre-draft workouts to assimilate...that could affect the proposition of moving up/down more than anything (though the Tourney puts people on the map...as I submit subject a) pigsnoggle).