• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We will NOT draft Martynas

Admin

Obviously nobody knows for sure what Knight will do in the draft, but I think there is a slim to none chance that he will take such a huge risk with a kid that nobody knows much about. After seeing Skita, Darko, and Pavel be duds in the last 3 drafts, why would any team reach on another guy who hasnt done jack overseas early in the lottery? I could see taking him in the 2nd round, but certainly not in the lottery. What I see in this kid is someone who is very thin and doesnt look very athletic from the clips I have seen of him.

No, Knight is far more likely to take a proven college player or at the very least a proven foreign player. I dont remember him reaching with his top pick in any draft, can anyone else think of someone he reached for with his top pick? Going by his history he is likely to take Bogut or Paul or D. Williams.

• Premium Member

I agree, I'd rather draft Felton or Green at #3 or 4 if that was the case. This kid is weak and will get completely dominated physically. He doesn't even play on his team in Europe, and his averages are less than 2 pts and 2 boards a game..

I could see Felton based purely on the fact that he is a proven commodity, but he wont take Green if we only have 1 pick. Knight isnt the type of GM to just gamble on a player without some other type of safety net. Had we not gotten Childress this past year, I seriously doubt we would have taken Smooth at 17. I think we would have gone with Nelson, even though he isnt a prototype Knight player. Having Childress allowed Knight to gamble on the local phenom and help offset the loss of not getting Howard.

This year there are a handful of guys that we might go for with our top pick. I would venture to say that all of the candidates will in one way or another be a proven commodity here or overseas someplace.

I would bet that if Knight had his way, he would find a way to come out of this draft with 2 picks in the first round that would net us Deron Williams and Johan Petro (the shotblocker from France). Petro would be the gamble for this draft as he has enormous potential but hasnt come close to living up to it as of yet and Williams would be the sure thing, or as close to it as you can get.

Yes, but due to his POSSIBLE upside, I think somebody will take him late in the lottery, in the 10-14 range. I mean even Robert Swift went at 14. Not Billy Knight though. If we got the #1 and Paul declares, I feel 100% sure that Knight would take Bogut or Paul. I don't think he's crazy enough to take Williams after drafting 4 SFs in the past 2 drafts and acquiring Al Harrington

I dont think that Paul (for all of his great qualities) is the type of PG that BK covets. Perhaps he is Woodson's type though, but I dont know. I know BK likes length, but I am not totally sure what Woodson's style is and if he has enough power to say that this is the type of player that I want or if he just has to play who Knight tells him to play. If it's up to BK, I think he will go with Bogut or Deron Williams. I think that because of the size, vision, and especially defensive ablility that Deron has, as well as the ability to knock down the 3, that he will have to take Deron. Whether we can move down a little and make that happen will remain to be seen, but to me he seems like the prototype PG that our team would want. I dont know if his value right now is as a #1, perhaps it will be if he leads his team to the championship this year. Also, if Bogut comes in and blows up during the private workouts he could be the choice.

If I had my choice though I would rather try and move down to 3-4 and draft Deron Williams. Hopefully pick up an extra first, or a young player, or a future 1st in the process.