• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dalembert is making a little noise

Buzzard

Phily keeps letting this guy get 30+ minutes a game and they will have a hard time signing him next year.

Over his last 5 games he is getting 13pts 11 boards and almost 2.5 blocks a game. And that is with just 33 minutes a game. They are 5 and 3 this month when he gets 30 or more minutes.

His play and not Webber's is the biggest reason for Philly's improvement over the last two weeks.

Quote:

To rest our hopes on Dalambert so Philly doesn't match is awful risky.

Our hopes do not rest on Dalembert. Obvious reason is BK does not overpay for free agents. Now maybe we can get him here by giving him hope that he will be the starting center and a resonable contract. But as far as a max or close to max contract goes . . . not gonna happen.

Quote:

to do with him playing next to Webber? Who BTW, is also playing a LOT better as of late.

I am glad Webber is playing better but no is my answer to your question. Delambert was actually posting better numbers at the end of last season when Philly finally gave him the minutes.

I honestly think he is capable of a double double average no matter who he plays next to as long as he gets the minutes. He has been able to show that potential for two seasons and he will get a lot of interest this FA period because of it.

• Premium Member

I think Dalembert is Woodson's choice for a Center. I think he and Brown has experience with working with Dally and I think he may urge BK to get him. Will we overpay.. Probably. Will Philly Match... I doubt it, too many big contracts.

Will it effect the way we draft?

Well, BK knows he has a ton of cash. IN his mind, he has Chillz at the 2 and Al at the 4 and Smoove at the 3. Or at least, that is what we are looking at from now til the offseason. It may lead us to pick a PG.

If BK is a gambler...

He would give up #1 for Utah's #4 and #25 (or so).

He can still get Felton or Williams (who will meet in the NCAA finals).

And with #25, he can add to our depth by taking either Stoudamire or Frye.

It would be nice if some of these Europlayers could stop up the 1st round and make it possible for us to leave the draft with Felton, Frye.. (Although I think BK would take Williams).

Williams, Chillz, Smoove, Harrington, Dally...

This could be BK/Woodson's hope for next yr.

I don't know if I like the trade. If the Hawks are lucky enough to get the first pick then might as well take it, which probably means Bogut. Follow that up with signing someone like Jaric or Watson at the point.

If the Hawks do not get the first pick, then I think Dalambert does become BK's free agent target and the Hawks pick goes for a guard - either Chris Paul or Deron Williams.