• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We desperately need a PG that can stop

Admin

other PGs from penetrating. It seems like every game we would have a real shot at winning if we had a PG that could stop the other PG from doing what they wanted. Of course, we also need a big guy down low to provide some type of interior presence as well.

My big question for this offseason is what is the best way that we can fill both of our big holes defensively, at PG and at C. Again I think that we should draft Deron Williams as I have no doubt that he will be an exceptional defender and playmaker at the next level. I think we should also go all in on Dalembert and Swift as well. Use our remaining picks/FA money to sign some role player/jumpshooters.

Yes, I agree with you. I think a PG is our biggest need. A PG can make such a big impact on a team offensively and defensely. He can run an offense or disrupt an offense. I would love to get Larry Hughes from the Wiz. He and Childress would make a great backcourt.

I really like Hughes a lot, but I am not sold on his ability to run a team as a PG. I think that he is an excellent SG and that is why he has never settled anywhere as a PG. If I was going for a SG though I would take him over any that are available this offseason.

I guess I am just getting tired of seeing our PGs get abused by the other teams PGs over the past 6-7 years or however long it has been since Mookie was dealt. I know that adding a guy like Deron Williams would do wonders for our team. I can just imagine having a pass first PG who has incredible vision could do with 2 guys like Childress and Smooth cutting to the basket. As much as I appreciate what Lue has done for us, he doesnt have that vision and doesnt look for those opportunities like a Jason Kidd would. I am not saying Williams is the next Kidd, but his game reminds me of a mix between Kidd, Bibby, and I suppose Andre Miller.

if there was no draft, i'd sign jaric, hughes, chandler, dalembert

even with the draft, i'd still like to sign those 4...

i think smoove will be a pf, so chill will be our sf, so no conflict bringing in hughes

chandler/dalembert/bogut/smoove could be a great low-post rotation...

jaric/hughes/chill would be great

so would deron/hughes/chill or jack/hughes/chill

Quote:

if there was no draft, i'd sign jaric, hughes, chandler, dalembert

You mean if there were also no other teams who could sign / match on those players? Because as I've said many a time, I can barely see us reeling in one of those players. I would REEEEEALLY like for us to get jaric though.

• Premium Member

I think we should trade down and trade up..

Trade down and take Williams with Utah's #4.

With Al and Utah's #25.. we should trade up for Milwaukee's #7/Booth...

I know Milwaukee will do this.

With #7, we take Green...

Or maybe we take Green 1st and with 7 we take who ever is left between Jack, Felton, and Williams...

Ugh. No more trading the 1 for the 4 and 25. I just don't like it. There's a very low chance that we will draft 1st and Utah will draft 4th, anyway, so let's just hope in never happens. I'm not saying we couldn't get a better player at 4 than at 25, but chances are we won't. If BK knows something that no other GM knows (for example that Green is just too good to be true and that Bogut just plain sucks), then we should think about trading down, but we should milk Utah for more than just the 25. If they're so desperate to trade up to #1, it should come at a steeper price.

If we're going to trade Harrington for the #7, let's just do it straight up. Why do we have to go through this business of trading our #1 to get the 7th pick (when Green won't even be on the board there)?

agreeing with Dolfan here...if Hughes isn't running the point in Wash (w a non-true pg in Arenas as his running mate...then what makes you think he can play that role here? he's a sg there, is thriving finally after years of ups and downs while being 'forced' into the point role...

should tell everyone something....

i hate these 'double contingency' plans. simply too many options, too far from 'likely'. I realize that they work out on occassion...but it's simply too difficult to 'seriously' talk about the moves because each one is a thread or three in it's own right....