• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sean May.....

emeans

I don't know about you guys, but the best player in the tournament and the best player on North Carolina's team is not Marvin Williams nor Raymon Felton.

It is Sean May!!!

Marvin doesn't impress me as the 1st through 3rd pick possibility. He is above average and I don't see superstar possibility in this kid. I don't see the hype!!

If the Hawks are looking for a PF....here is your man!!! Tough inside, can score with either hand with a big body to bang. And most of all he is CLUTCH!! I have never seen this guy bomb on the court in pressure situations.

Sean May is the real deal people!!!

If we trade down or don't get the 1st pick I would seriously consider Sean May.

I don't know how you feel but I'm exhausted. This isn't getting any easier. Deron, Sean, Andrew, Marvin Williams. I don't envy Knight having to be GM.

Does he pick up a solid contributor or a superstar player. In a city like Atl. it's about the superstar. I mean the hawks are competing with the Braves(13 straight division winners) and the Falcons( Mike Vick, nuff said). If Marvin is the superstar then he's what we need in Atlanta.

I know Knight did it in Memphis and Woodson helped do it in Detoit but the The A is nothing like either of those cities. Detroit is a working class city and Atlanta is about flash which is why Lebron can sell out Phillips and Dominique brought interest to the team. Management wants to put fans in Phillips Arena and a pistons like team won't do it in Atlanta competing for ticket sales against Mike Vick and John Smoltz.

He's got everything you want in a low post player except the lift when he jumps.

Sean is big, has great footwork, and uses his body extremely well in the post. He runs the floor ridiculously well for a man his size.

The most impressive aspects of his game that I see are his basketball IQ and his hands. Sean reads defenses like a point guard, and his hands are a set of the softest I've seen in a long while. He's got those Elton Brand type hands that catches everything in his vicinity.

Deron Williams and Sean May are the two most impressive players I've seen in this tournament, bar none.

• Premium Member

Quote:

BK needs to pick Sean May.....period!!! We need a Power Forward and he is the one we need!!

Too small & slow! Would get killed in the NBA trying to guard and keep up with taller faster power forwards. Great college player though.

• Premium Member

You must be joking...

He's a very quick PF (NBA). Good hands, Good spin move, good offensive footwork. he takes up a lot of space. I think he's Brand.

Ill coach is saying..> We couldn't stop Sean May..

You have to try to look at this objectively.

You must be dreaming. May is not too small to be a Power Forward in the NBA. He has a big body and naturally has some beautiful post moves and can shoot with both hands. His footwork is excellent in the low post!!

Like Diesel said I compare him to an Elton Brand. That is a very good comparison.

• Premium Member

Quote:

You must be dreaming. May is not too small to be a Power Forward in the NBA. He has a big body and naturally has some beautiful post moves and can shoot with both hands. His footwork is excellent in the low post!!

Like Diesel said I compare him to an Elton Brand. That is a very good comparison.

You'll see

He reminds me of the big guy that played for the bulls Brian Williams? He changed his name to mohamad or something I think. Anyway, these type of players games usually don't translate as well to the NBA. I love how noone really mentioned May much all year now suddenly there's no doubt who the Hawks should pick. haha a few days ago Marvin WIlliams is a sure fire superstar now its Marvin who? and sean may is the next elton brand.

Ha, ha, ha.

You would be talking about Bison Dele, aka Brian Williams.

That's an interesting comparison, but May is much better. I think they look similar facially...complexion, haircut, so that might be skewing your perception.

You have a good point about people changing their picks with the winds. Two weeks ago, people said,

"TAKING BOGUT OVER WILLIAMS WOULD BE LIKE DRAFTING BOWIE OVER JORDAN"

There is no doubt we will look back at some of our prognostications and laugh.

i remember one time, Bison Dele (Brian Williams) got hit in the balls by his own teammate when he was playing for the PISTONS? (i believe???)...

it was funny at the time, but thinkin about it- that HAD TO BE PAINFUL!!!

wasnt he on the Injury List cuz of that?

• Premium Member

Please...

Neither Sweetney or Witherspoon did squat in College.

I'm telling you... May has more offensive ability than both those guys.

May's defense is the only question mark and he seems to have good lateral movement and good Basketball IQ.

• Premium Member

Bison Dele had the potential to be a good pro. He had Mental problems...

When he finally got his chance to play in the pros, he put up 16.2 ppg, 8.9 rpg while playing for Detroit. He put up similar numbers playing for the Clipps.

His problem was personal/Mental problms....

I don't think May will have that.. he's got too many helps.

Technically, May has better footwork than Bison did and May has better hands. I think Bison may have been a tougher rebounder.

• Premium Member

Well, I heard somebody...I think it was Diesel...talking about Sean May some time ago. Long before anybody really noticed him. That's when I took a look at him and I've liked what I've seen ever since. He's simply a guy who knows how to get the ball in the basket - period. Game after game, he has given me no indication that he'll be anything less than a VERY productive NBA PF.

If and when he's drafted, you won't hear me changing my tune. His height is a little bit of a concern, but he makes up for it with his wide body and outstanding feel for the game. He gives up about an inch or two to the average NBA PF, but that 260lbs on him ain't gonna be pushed around by nobody. And with the combination of soft hands and excellent low post moves...this guy is just money in the paint.

I'm sticking with him because I like his game and have since I first saw him.

how much we may want him or not. He is staying at NC for his sr. yr. He has already sid he is coming back. As a NC fan I hope he stays true to his word and returns. I still think we should trade down a spot or 2 and select deron williams. Please do not take Felton. This guy turns the ball over too much and makes dumb decisions.