• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sean May.....

emeans

I agree with you Diesel. Sean May has all the tools to be a very successful PF in this league. He has great footwork, very good free throw shooter, great rebounder, great post moves, very strong, runs the floor extremely well, good shooting touch and best of all great soft hands. I agree he should come out this year, because he completely dominated the tourney this year, his stock is way up and it will only keep him up. I dont see anyone in predraft camps stopping May. He is the PF we need, and he may very well be the #1 pick this year.

• Moderators

I'll want to see where Mays measures before annointing him a top PF in the NBA. He is very good in college but is known to be short and have short arms. Unlike Brand, he is not an outstanding shot blocker - he also is not nearly the college player Brand was (Brand consensus POY; Mays consensus Second Team All-American.

I like Mays and it was clear he was the key to the team in the NCAA tournament but his draft position will vary more than any other player's, IMO, based on his measurables before the draft (particularly height and wingspan).

• Premium Member

Brand didn't dominate the tourney either.

I think technically, May's game is close to Brands.. Reguardless of when the media got on the bandwagon. May has the hands and the footwork. Brand may have been a better defender. May may be a little wider and actually, he makes that into a positive because he knows how to use that width.

It would be interesting to see Brand NOW go 1 on 1 against Mays. I'm sure Brand has more moves... BUT Mays is not far behind.

he's leaving. I would.

can his stock really get any higher? is there anything he wants to 'attain' in college ball? Both he and Felton should get out now, while the getting's good...

somebody will take a chance on felton (in the low-lotto). May...late teens type player, though you could see a arujo (sp) situation arrise with may. I'm not sure of his endurance. he could use a haslim like weight loss program (if he wants to remain somewhat athletic and play the 4)

I agree that Sean May is coming out now and Raymond Felton is probably coming out as well. To me it is a clear cut case that the Hawks should trade down to #4spot and get Sean May. Neither Williams nor Bogut have shown they are worth the top pick so why not get May at 4 and pickup Channing Frye with the 25thpick. We would have our PF and a backup Center. In the 2ndround we pick up Daniel Ewing or Rashad MCcants(if he declares).