• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Some things I have learned this tournament

Admin

1. Marvin Williams is not anywhere near ready to contribute at the NBA level. I hope that we stay away from him since we cant afford to wait on a player.

2. Deron Williams is a stud. He can shoot from anywhere and plays super defense. He would be my pick.

3. Sean May is a beast. I would kill for 2 early picks to get him and Deron Williams.

4. Felton is not my type of PG at all. He doesnt seem to have the type of game that will translate to success at the point in the NBA.

The thing about Marvin Williams is his potential, and unfortunate as it may be, the lottery these days is all about potential. Not being ready hasn't stopped many players from entering the draft. I honestly don't think Marvin will enter the draft though.

As I said in another post, Deron and Sean are the two most impressive players I've seen in this tournament. Williams is a much better shooting version of Andre Miller.

• Premium Member

M. Williams - ?? Over the season, I pegged him to be a KG type... Especially in the first two games of the NCAA. Tonight... He's not having a good game.

May - Since one game before the ACC tourney, May has been BEAST... In the pros as a Pf, his game could translate to Elton Brand...

Felton - In the pros, his game could be like JT's with a little more basketball IQ and less outside shooting.

Williams - Kidd like. He doesn't seem to have the ability to take his man off the dribble.. No burst...

Williams is a much better shooter than Kidd.

If you really want a good comparison for Williams, look at Mark Jackson in his prime. Great pure point guard. Could shoot it and pass it. Great in the half court set with great vision on the break. Great defender.

• Premium Member

Quote:

1. Marvin Williams is not anywhere near ready to contribute at the NBA level. I hope that we stay away from him since we cant afford to wait on a player.

2. Deron Williams is a stud. He can shoot from anywhere and plays super defense. He would be my pick.

3. Sean May is a beast. I would kill for 2 early picks to get him and Deron Williams.

4. Felton is not my type of PG at all. He doesnt seem to have the type of game that will translate to success at the point in the NBA.

Definitely agree with the Felton statement. He will not be a star in the NBA. Marvin Williams has the length and the athleticism but is not a player yet and may never become one. Sean May I'm afraid will be a great college player but but an average pro. Deron Williams is a stud and I would love to have him on the team but I still would draft Bogut first and then D. Williams.

• Premium Member

Yeah... That's it...

Mark Jackson. He's a guy who can run an offense, has a shot, but is molasses with the ball...

I question Williams Latteral quickness defensively but he hit some big shots and can run an offense.

If May comes out how do you get to top 15 picks since more than likely Willams and May will be drafted in top 15? Trading down for Utah's 2 picks 4 and 25 then you are going to have to move someone to get in top 15.The most marketable player the hawks have would be Harrington.No way do you get May at 25.Deron Williams I like his game alot but not as the no1 pick.If the hawks could pull out Willams and May they would be on the right track even without a center.If the hawk's stay at no1 (assuming they get it) Bogut seems to be the player to get.Remember BK will put Bogut and any player they may draft through alot of workouts to be sure the pick is legit.