• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wow! What a game!!

KBatPCSOM

Is there anything Deron Williams can't do?

I've seen this guy nail spot up jumpers, jumpers off the screen, jumpers off the dribble, turn around jumpers, shots off penetration, and to top it all off, he's a shut down defender with great court vision and the ability to make the players around him better.

You never know who he has rated high. He had Josh Childress rated as the 3rd best player in the draft last year, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him rate these guys higher than other teams doe.

Billy also isn't one that takes a chance on a project unless he has multiple picks. Much like the Childress pick and his pick of Shane Battier back in 2001, he tends to play the draft safe.

........pro players execute the fundamental aspects of the game like the college players do? You don't see players setting screens like Illinois in the NBA.

That's why I like college ball better than pro ball. College ball is more of a team game, the way basketball is supposed to be played.

• Premium Member

I think his stock is so high after this tourney that if he comes out he could be #1...

His team beat a team that was 37-1.... He was the catalyst.. He played one of the more dominate games in the history of the NCAA tourney...

I think his ceiling would be Elton Brand... He's still a short player.. BUT he has good footwork, good soft hands, good post moves.. His defense will need some work... But all in all, in a weak draft, he could go first.

I do think he should come out this year and not next!

The thought of drafting Taft makes me sick.

I will go on record: TAFT IS A BUST. I will let him prove me wrong

I do not want Taft and neither does BK.

May is much better than Taft, but I do not believe he will go in the top 3. He may turn out to be the best player drafted, but he doesn't have the highest ceiling.

I don't know who does have the highest ceiling. Despite his poor play lately in the tournament, and his unreadiness for the NBA, Marvin Williams may have the highest ceiling. He also may not declare.

Call me crazy, but I don't see Bogut necessarily having a higher ceiling than Sean May. I wish I could have seen more of Bogut during the year though. I will say that he didn't look like a #1 overall pick to me against Kentucky.

I have to say that I'm impressed to the max by Sean May and Deron Williams though.

EDIT: I should add that there is an obvious reason that I'm in med school and not scouting for an NBA team as well, so the player I'm impressed with may not be the best players.

• Premium Member

I see their games both translating to PFs...

The difference...

May vs. Illinois... May took on the double teams from bigger player. May took on their big men and put them all in foul trouble.

Bogut vs. Kentucky.... Bogut was placed in one on one defense from UK and he fold up and set up in the High post. He didn't dominate the post. He didn't dominate the game.

What May did was make the game about him. Yes, he had other teammates... But when the game got close, they cleared out and gave the ball to him... Moreover, EVERYBODY IN THE GYM KNEW he was getting the ball. It was May vs. Ill...

Bogut didn't dominate. He was happy to get his points...

yes he played against TALLER players some of the game, but he was covered by Powell for a significant amount of time as well. There isnt a BIGGER player on the entire Illinois team as far as I saw. Taller guys who arent good defenders, yes, but certainly not bigger. May was able to have his way because he was twice as strong as anyone guarding him. I doubt anyone in the nation would have stopped him tonight though, or anytime in the tournament for that matter.

Hard to compare what Bogut did against what May did too. Bogut doesnt have anywhere near the talent on his team that May has. There is no doubt that May is a much more physical player, but Bogut might have the higher ceiling. I think the big difference is that Bogut translate to a 5 in the NBA, where May is certainly a 4, which we dont need anywhere near as much as a 5.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I don't know who does have the highest ceiling. Despite his poor play lately in the tournament, and his unreadiness for the NBA, Marvin Williams may have the highest ceiling. He also may not declare.

Call me crazy, but I don't see Bogut necessarily having a higher ceiling than Sean May. I wish I could have seen more of Bogut during the year though. I will say that he didn't look like a #1 overall pick to me against Kentucky.

I have to say that I'm impressed to the max by Sean May and Deron Williams though.

EDIT: I should add that there is an obvious reason that I'm in med school and not scouting for an NBA team as well, so the player I'm impressed with may not be the best players.

When you have good players around you, things are easier for you. When you compare May and Bogut, first of all May is older, secondly has more experiece around him and a decent college point guard which improves spacing. I still think that Bogut is a better player than May.

we have to keep in mind...

not just BOGUT vs MAY

but wat if BOGUT played for UNC, with MAY played for UTAH?

we all know that UNC is more talented than UTAH.

Could BOGUT take this UNC team and win the big game?

How would May have played if he was with UTAH?

we cant just give MAY the edge cuz he took his team to the championship game.

Thats like saying that STOUDEMIRE is better than GARNETT. *darn, i just realized that some may actually make a decent argument that STOUDEMIRE is better than GARNETT!*

how about WADE vs BRYANT?

u get the point... lol

• Premium Member

Quote:

Hard to compare what Bogut did against what May did too. Bogut doesnt have anywhere near the talent on his team that May has. There is no doubt that May is a much more physical player, but Bogut might have the higher ceiling. I think the big difference is that Bogut translate to a 5 in the NBA, where May is certainly a 4, which we dont need anywhere near as much as a 5.

I think that Bogut Might end playing a lot of power forward! He certainly has the skills to do so like a Duncan does. I would love to have a Daly/Chandler and bogut combination. It would be a welcome change over the Ekezie Harringon olay defense

• Premium Member

You must have missed Ingram on the floor.

From time to time he would get the double from Augustine.

But yeah, a lot of the time Powell was guarding him... That's because everybody else was in Foul trouble...

Webber " We lost because we couldn't stop May.".