• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we got MAY...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Jamison was also an ALLSTAR this yr...

What has AL sniffed??

Last game, All had 3 pts and 4 rebounds in 20 something minutes of play.

He's crying injured and Our Rookies look better than him...

What do yo think AL is worth?

At least Jamison was coming off of a good year with the Mavs...

Well, Al is at least worth a draft pick by himself. I think he could get a low lottery choice (8-14). If not that, I think SOMEBODY who needs a forward and is ready to compete would give us a 15-20.

I just can't see trading him just to get about the same pick we have coming next season a year earlier.

We have a lot of needs, and we can't just go throwing away valuable chips because we're impatient and want all of our draft picks now.

• Premium Member

If Al/1st from Boston can get us Deron Williams in the lottery... I say do it.

Who knows... Maybe Utah will bite.

Or Charlotte...

It would be nice to have the first and 3rd pick of the draft and take May/Williams!

• Premium Member

You act like his stock was ever down...

May was not considered because it was expected that he would stay in school...

If he comes out...

He's much better than Taft, Villenueva, Splitter, and even Bogut...

have you EVER had knee tendinitis? It hurts like a b*tch. I cant even begin to imagine trying to practice and play on it in the NBA. Al has been very good all year, especially considering this is his first year as a starter and as the man on the team. He shouldnt even be playing right now with his knee the way that it is and I fully expect that he might only play another game or two this year until Woody sits him permanently to heal.

Sorry but NONE of our rookies has outplayed Al. It took Al being injured for any of them to play at his level. Just because Childress gets 20 points a few times does not mean that he is playing at Harringtons level (although I am definitely not bashing Childress).

I second the knee tendonitis being very painful. I had it my freshman year in college. I was a college runner, so all I had to do was run straight ahead but the tendonitis kept me from running and my coach held me out of a meet because of it.

I don't understand why everyone is down on Al. The guy is a good player - not great mind you - but a good player nonetheless. He has a great attitude. Plus, he is still young and has a chance to improve. I do not believe it makes sense to put together a team of all rookies and second year players - you need someone who has been there and done that. Al, while not an old grizzled veteran, has been in the league for a number of years and has demonstrated some ability to lead the kids.

• Premium Member

It's nothing against Al personally... It's Bidniz...

Al is a FA to be. He will want a much bigger contract than we are paying him. Honestly... Can we not get from Smoove, what we get from Al right now?

Yes... Al is a better low post player. Smoove is a better defender. Plus, with talk about Al having to lose 20 lbs to stay Healthy, it signals to me that the plan is for Al to play Sf. Don't you think we already have a glut of guys who should play Sf. Chillz is out of place. Smoove can play SF (but eventually he will go to PF). Donta, Diaw, and so on and so fourth...

I just think with his contract and with our rookies, we can afford to trade Al and probably get something really good. That's not a slight on him... In fact, if he is good enough to get us a Lottery pick... that's good. I just think we need to think realistically about the future and both of these rookies seem to be playing themselves into it.

Again, you cannot have a team with all first and second year players starting - particularly when at least one of those players is not old enough to buy a beer.

Harrington remains the teams best offensive performer. Smoove, for all his athleticism, does not have a well developed offensive game. He can get some points yes, but he is not the type of guy that can create a shot for himself at this point.

I still think Harrington has not maxed out his potential and the Hawks are in a good position to see if he improves over the course of next season - if so, then he deserves a big contract. He probably won't get anything close to max money even with a big year - and by big year I mean something slightly north of this year . The Hawks will still have plenty of money to spend as both Childress and Smoove will be two years away from free agency.

Quote:

You act like his stock was ever down...

May was not considered because it was expected that he would stay in school...

If he comes out...

He's much better than Taft, Villenueva, Splitter, and even Bogut...

Ok Diesel.

Bogut is a better player, May has better players around him to take some of the load off. Bogut on the other hand doesn't have the help that May has, and UNC is the closest thing to a stacked college basketball team.

I'll agree that May is better than Taft and Villenueva but I wont agree with you about Bogut/Splitter.