• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we got MAY...

Diesel

I see your strong points, but at the same time you not totally correct. I could see us trading Al Harrington away, but I would only do it, if we get value in return. A top 10 pick I would be happy with.

Josh Smith isn't even ready to be the starting small forward, he can't shot a jumper, and he can't even shot a 3 pointer. Al Harrington actually has more range, deals with alot more doubles, and Josh Smith kinda stays back door until he sees the ball released to grab the rebound.

I do agree I would like to see Al traded, but not just dumped for just anything.

if u read the draftcity board at realgm...

people get bashed for saying may could go #8...most think 15-20...which is in line with the 10-20 that espn and others think...

he's not a #1 pick, like diesel seems to think

u don't take someone who's CEILING is brand at #1

especially over someone who's FLOOR is okur

Josh Smith is only a better shot blocker. Al Harrington is a much better on the ball defender than Josh at this point. Al also has the auxillary skills that Josh doesn't have. His offensive game is more well rounded.

There is nothing about this that has anything to do with "business". This has everything to do with Al being the latest player you want to see traded.

OK lets do it the Harrington way.Harrington stays we draft bogut teams continue to drive the lane and make easy baskets what do we do then.We can't trade bogut I suppose Josh Smith will have to be traded? Tell me "WHO IS GOING TO BLOCK SHOTS AND INTIMIDATE THE OTHER TEAM". Also in a few years Al will want a big contract do we let him play out his option like Antoine and get practically nothing for him?What impact big men will come to the hawks if they trade down and get Deron williams? The Bulls have had a ton of money to spend but no one wants to go there so who wants to go to atlanta that is worth the money instead of another over priced free agent signing?

It is about business,the hawks continue to lose since teams continue to score in the paint,fans do not turn out because of the losing as they are now and we get nothing for al wants he becomes a free agent? It is a bleak picture if you could just answer my question who will block shots and intimidate the other team then I will lay off Al.

• Premium Member

Quote:

There is nothing about this that has anything to do with "business". This has everything to do with Al being the latest player you want to see traded.

I think the scout10 eloquently states what I'm tring to say... however, I just want to address the businesss end. KB... Are you saying that we should pay Al 9-10 million a yr based on his "potential as a Starter" even though we already know he's a liability at the PF defensively.

The guy reminds me a whole lot of Corliss Williamson. He's got a great low post body and nice touch around the basket, but at the NBA level, he's just too short to be as effective as he was in college. Do you remember Williamson at Arkansas? He controlled the post much like May does. May is better than Williamson was, but I don't think it's by a significantly wide margin. May is listed as 6'9, but I bet he's closer to 6'7 or 6'8. When he stands next to Marvin Williams, there is a noticeable difference as to who is taller. In the NBA, teams will have guys to bang with him and then block his shots off the weak side. He physically overmatched anyone at the college level with his size & strength. That won't happen nearly as much in the NBA. I'm not stating that he's not worthy of a lottery selection, but I don't think he's worth selecting in the top 4.