• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Al Harrington proved himself this year

Admin

Say what you want about him only averaging 17/7, but considering how much of the year he has played with a bum knee and the fact that he shot almost 10% lower from the FT line than he should have, I was highly impressed. I expect that when he comes back healthy next year he should easily get to 19/8 and that is plenty good enough for me from my PF. Especially if he is able to play meaningful minutes at SF. Considering this was his first chance to be the man (for 1/3 of a season at least), considering that he is only 25 years old, and considering that he is on a new team with mostly rookies and young guys around him I am thrilled with his production.

I do want to make one thing clear though, if there was a chance that I could trade Harrington for Lamar Odom, I would do it. He is the only player in the league I would trade for Harrington that we could probably get in a straight up deal. I would only trade for him because Odom is still young himself and is a player who can play 4 positions well which would give us greater flexibility. I doubt that there will be a trade for him, but if there was a chance I would do it.

Interesting thought trading Harrington for Odom. The Lakers are capped out and really don't use Odom effectively. Odom played his ass off in Miami and I think Kobe's ball demands keeps touches out of Odom's hands. With Odom's age, length, and passing skills he could really setup Smooth and Chillz with easy shots.

Perhaps we could send Boris, Al, and Delk to the Lakers for Odom.

Here's a semi-fair deal, though I'm not sure if Lakers fans will agree or not.

Diaw would fit great with Kobe (in a bu role), and Harrington would have to be their 4 (with Butler at the three).

Atlanta trades: SF Al Harrington (17.6 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 3.1 apg in 38.6 minutes)

SF Boris Diaw-Riffiod (4.5 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 2.2 apg in 18.2 minutes)

Atlanta receives: PF Lamar Odom (15.2 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 3.7 apg in 36.3 minutes)

Change in team outlook: -6.9 ppg, +0.6 rpg, and -1.6 apg.

L.A. Lakers trades: PF Lamar Odom (15.2 ppg, 10.2 rpg, 3.7 apg in 36.3 minutes)

L.A. Lakers receives: SF Al Harrington (17.6 ppg, 7.0 rpg, 3.1 apg in 38.6 minutes)

SF Boris Diaw-Riffiod (4.5 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 2.2 apg in 18.2 minutes)

Change in team outlook: +6.9 ppg, -0.6 rpg, and +1.6 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

The problem I have with Odom is that he will be making a ton of money over the next few years. 11.4, 12.4, 13.5, & 14.5 over the next four years. I think Odom is worth in the 8-10 million range, not in the 11-14 million range. I just don't see him as a max contract player.

yeah, it is hefty, and more than he's worth (based on what he showed this year in LAL, arguably not that 'overpriced' in regards to how he played in Miami last year).

But we also have the money to spend...and will continue to for the next three years. We need a younger vet to lead the way...and Odom's got incredibly versitility.