• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another Scenario for next year...

TheRedStripes

I'm bored so i thought i would post another scenario...

Trade Al Harrington and Tony Delk for Lamar Odom

Trade Boris Diaw and the LA pick for a first round pick this year

In the draft select Andrew Bogut and Jarret Jack in the first round

in the second round select Louis Williams

In free agency sign Larry Hughes and Dalembert

Jack/Ivey/Williams

Hughes/Childress/D.Smith

Smoove/Childress/D.Smith

Odom/Dalembert/Smoove

Bogut/Dalembert/Drobnjak

I would like that team, i think the overall team defense would be improved, the depth would be improved...the scoring would be much improved as well, it would be a very good passing team with Odom and Bogut down low and with hughes at the 2 guard spot

I don't htink that'll be enough for Odom (nor do I even know if it works cap wise, the trade I mean).

I posted awhile back: you want Odom? what might, repeat, might work for the Lakers is Diaw, Harrington, and their number one back (from Boston). if you were to sweeten the pot and throw in Delk, someone who's skill set actually works decently with Kobe, they'd probably take it...

maybe, maybe for Diaw/AH/Delk would nap him...though the lakers aren't particularly looking to add three wing players, it would help deepen their bench (something they dont have), though they would remain bereft of inside presence.

Delk and Harrington for Odom does work salary wise, i used the trade checker before i posted it...i think the lakers might do it, delk is a quality player and harrington could take Odoms spot, they wouldnt lose that much stat wise

as for childress, he cant shoot...if he was at the 2 and smoove was at the 3, the lineup would have basically zero outside shooting, hughes is a really good 2 guard, some of you guys have said you wanted hughes in the past so i dont understand why you are so fickle, but anyway...being the first man off the bench is not exactly saying ok Chill you are benched...you cant play, a 6th man gets almost as much time as the starters, he would be the first man off the bench and playing the 2 and the 3 depending on who was on the bench from the starting lineup...i like chill...i just like hughes at the 2 guard more, and smith at the 3 more, and Odom at the 4 more or it could be Odom at the 3 and smoove at the 4 but either way its better with chill coming off the bench

well Al Harrington certainly isnt worth 10 mil, Odom yeah probably... Hughes, maybe not 10 mil, im not sure how much Hughes is worth but id not expect the hawks to break the bank for him, just enough to outbid washington

the thing is...when you take away the contracts of harrington and delk then factor in Odom, it evens out a little better, the hawks have a lot of cap room now...at some point you have to use it, next year theres not that many free agents coming out that they will have a shot at getting, they could use Hughes, he and Odom both are potential all stars, it takes good players like that to win... so i say they should try to get him, im cool with the hawks rebuilding and im glad they are, but do i want to keep suffering through years like this hoping we get some good draft picks year after year? um no...and i hope you guys dont either, the draft is risky, who knows if guys will pan out or not, with players like odom and hughes you already know what they can do, and they can do very well so its quite simple if you think about it

For folks that have watched the Lakers this year, is Bryant the problem or is Odom the problem when it comes to there little verbal fiasco? What kind of baggage does Odom bring? Does he seem to bring effort every night?

What I DO like about Odom is that he gives us a frontcourt player that can handle the ball and shoot. This would allow JSmith, IMO, to move to the PF spot.

* I actually just looked up Odom's #'s for the year and I was disappointed at his 3-PT % and his FT %. I thought he was a better shooter than 30% and 69%, respectively.

I guess my question was, is it just Odom that'd have a problem playing with Kobe or a lot of good players? I hate having a player that needs the ball in his hands all the time to be effective. That's why I love Chill and Smooth's game. They can pass, receive, finish... whatever.