• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bogut or Paul?????

JTFan31

Ya'll do know CP3 wasn't that good coming out of Wake. He worked hard and had the tools to build on his game.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Is he Iverson short or is he Brevin Knight short?

The fact that you imply Paul has any chance of becoming Iverson shows just how illogical you have become. Paul isn't in the same talent galaxy as Iverson. He's just short like him. Actually, shorter than him. Oh, and Iverson averaged 25 PPG as a sophomore and looked 1000 times more explosive doing it.

I don't know how to respond to the rest of your post and Peoriabird seems to have it covered well.

W

This one gonna hurt... Then he put his signature on top of that.

I would rather have Bogut or Paul over Marvin easily.

I would rather Bogut over Paul around that time. I liked Bogut and the fact that Centers are hard to find.

At that time, this draft pissed me off so bad till the point I didn't want to be a Hawks fan and I was right to this day about those reasons. But St. Horford saved the day.

WHAT? He was the 2nd coming of Isiah coming out of college and most everyone thought that he would be a star. He was a great college player and there weren't a lot of concerns about that translating to the NBA.

Quote:

WHAT? He was the 2nd coming of Isiah coming out of college and most everyone thought that he would be a star. He was a great college player and there weren't a lot of concerns about that translating to the NBA.

I thought he would be good, not this good.. I thought he needed to go to the right system... he did, but damn, the best PG in the NBA in his 3rd year isn't something I seen coming. I didn't see this, I didn't see this at all. I was higher on Deron, I still think Deron has more skills then CP3... I think their 1A. and 1B. best PG's in the league as 3rd year players.

• Premium Member

Oh Paul and Deron...

You could just see them running those ballclubs... I could only IMAGINE them setting up all those forwards we had. I said it back then and I will echo this for all time. All things being equal, you do not pass up the franchise PG/C for the franchise SG/SF. Not unless the SG/SF just OMGWTFZOMGWTF-wows you. The answer was as clear as day once the Bucks yanked Bogut (and I couldn't have been happier that they got the 1st pick back then! shhh.gif )

Chris Paul had heart and you could see it at Wake. The only question that I had, like everyone else, was his size - and that was mostly because people were claiming the guy was anywhere from 5'7" to 5'5". When the measurements came out, I was absolutely sold.

Though, all that merry-go-round taught me a lesson. Most notably, I got better things to do than argue with closed minded people.

Yep I remember when the official measurements came out too and everyone was shocked because I think he actually measured a little taller than what he was said to be, right?

I still wanted Deron because he reminded me so much of Jason Kidd but with a much better offensive game. I would have been happy with Paul or Felton though but Marvin was probably my 2nd choice behind Deron.