• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Didn't anybody watch the game?

Nicholasp27

I only got to see the 4th Quarter and OT. Smooth took control of that game for long stretches in the 4th and OT and looks very promising as a potential superstar player. Diaw looked good too. Today is Boris Diaw day.(You might understand if you listen to 790). No Harrington or Delk and we pull out a tough OT win. Gives me alot of hope for the future.

who would have ever guessed that? I can see us giving up an NBA season high in points, but I am pretty stunned that we actually won a game like that. Looking at the game Smooth had and considering he barely played in the 1st half due to foul trouble is pretty damn impressive.

I was at the game. Entertaining, but there was absolutely zero defense played by either team the entire game. The zone the Hawks play is awful and constantly results in open jumpers.

That said, the Hawks young players do show tremendous promise. Childress seems to do a little of everything and always seems to be in the right place. I would attribute that to his strong basketball IQ - he just knows how to play the game, get good positioning, and when to cut to the basket.

Diaw is incredibly smooth on the court. His shot was not falling tonight (even still he ended up with 20 points) but his form is excellent and it really should just be a matter of repitition in the off-season for him. Once he consistently zeros in he will be a solid shooter.

Josh Smith is a freaky athlete. Clearly he was the top athlete on the court last night. He did make a couple of nice post moves in the seond half and his jumper does not look to bad. What he really needs to work on is driving to the hoop and dribbling.

I thought Lue played fairly well, and he would make a nice back-up, but he does not have the creativity that you want at the point guard position - a good point guard can go a long way towards creating easy scoring opportunities for his teammates, and Lue does not do that. He just does not have great floor vision - Childress and Diaw are better at seeing the court in my opinion. He can score some, but that is about it.

Ivey, also does not seem to have that innate passing ability that good point guards have. He also would be a good back-up because he shows signs of being a very good defender off the bench.

It was a tough game to really evaluate players because of the lack of defense, but I think the Hawks are stockpiling some good talent that will help them win in the years to come.