• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question ?

tmac13

• Premium Member

Swift - 6.6 million.

Chandler - 8 Million (overpay).

Dally - We would have to overpay to get him so about 8-10 million.

Curry - Heart Condition (buyer beware).

Dally at 10 million for 5 years would be 5 years 55 million. If anybody recalls, that's Deke money...

• Premium Member

We can draw up an offer sheet with anything up to either 9.5 or 10 as the starting salary for these guys...

My point is that with any restricted FA, we will have to overpay.

With Swift, we can probably sign him for cheaper.

Does Swift bring anything to the table that Josh Smith does not already provide? Just seems to me that Josh Smith is already the better player, they offer similar athletic ability and are about the same size.

Sure it is nice to have depth but I rather have a slightly different player in Al Harrington to provide different looks to the opposition.

• Admin

I think some people see Swift as a Center or maybe a PF. I think it's mostly becuase of his size, he's almost 7'. But I don't think his game fits that. He's one of those slow learner tweener types. I don't know if we need another player like that.

EDIT: I checked and he's listed at 6'9". So at best he's a poor rebounding PF tweener? No thanks.

He is listed in several places as 6'9" and 225 punds, which is the same size Josh Smith is listed at. How can he possibly play center for the Hawks?

Swift has never been able to beat out Lorenzen Wright to start in Memphis. Lorenzen is not a bad player, but certainly not a game changer. Given Swift's injury history, lack of basketball intelligence, reported lack of toughness, I cannot see any reason to waste $6+ million on the guy - especially when Josh Smith is already better.

Quote:

We can draw up an offer sheet with anything up to either 9.5 or 10 as the starting salary for these guys...

My point is that with any restricted FA, we will have to overpay.

With Swift, we can probably sign him for cheaper.

my point is that he asked "what is the max" for these guys...not what does diesel think we should pay...i thought u were big on reading the whole post and responding directly to the person's statements...

so again, what is the MAX that each of these guys can get?

he plays pf or center, never thinking about stretching to the sf.

I agree with Diesel that he can probably be had for less money than the other fa's listed, and he's an urFA, which means that if he likes our offer, he signs, without the worry of the Grizz matching.

yeah, he does have some of the skill sets of Smoove, but a 'tweener' between the pf/c position, esp. for a guy with oodles of athletic ability is MUCH less of a risk than a sf/pf tweener.

I'd take him with an offer of 7 mil starting for four years (maybe with a team/player option built in there after three). It's pretty reasonable, and, in comparison to the other guys we're talking about, he's proven, has playoff experience...

I think it'll take a starter of no less than 6.5 mil. He could help most teams as that 'last piece,' and that's kind of how I see him here, though we're no where near ready for a 'last piece.'

Gasol is their starting pf, he plays sf only on occassion (very rarely) and center about as often, so Swift had to play behind him there. No, they aren't 'loaded' by any stretch at center, but at every other position on the floor, they're DEEP (how else did that team, which didn't change greatly this year, play two 5 man rotations with complete subs?

You may think it's too much for him, and if so, that's completley understandable. I'm just saying that's what I think it'll take to get him. 3-4 years, starting at ~6.5 mil.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Buyers beware! no need to buy here, players like swift are a dime a dozen.

Agreed. The article posted here IMO accurately questioning his desire and heart was key. Don't need anybody that wouldn't play for you "hurt" or not at 100% during a playoff run. Don't need anybody his teamates and coach question openly, even if jokingly.

W