• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Holy crap the Yankees FINALLY did something

Admin

13 runs in the 2nd inning and 19 runs in the game, that is incredible. I guess ole George struck a little fear into the Yankees and they had a game that I didnt think they were capable of having. I know most here hate the Yankees, but I still think an accomplishment like that should be brought to light.

Say what you want. I try to watch about 75% of their games and unfortunately had to miss last nights game. However, I havent seen hardly anything good out of them this year and I dont think it is coincidence that the day the Boss rides their asses is the day they finally bust out. Hell take away that 13 run inning and they still score 6 runs which is more than they are scoring on most days. I agree that part of it was playing the D-Rays, but come on, 13 runs is still 13 runs. Considering that the Yankees havent done that since 1945 is pretty damn impressive, and I would bet they have played far worse teams during that time frame.

Bottom line, I still dont think the Yankees are a championship team this year. They are too slow, dont play great defense, the pitching is suspect at this point, and they dont have enough young players pushing the vets.

• Admin

They ARE the braves of the late 90's. You tried to argue and dispute it. But that's what they have become. An old team that gets older every day. They just don't have the fire they used to have. That comes from trying to buy a championship team using old players. It just doesn't work. You might win a lot of games in the regular season and even get deep into the playoffs. But you don't win it all like that. Unfortunately for them they also culled their farm system to death also.

They'll still be a good team this year though. They won't finish anything like they've started. And how you finish is what counts most anyway.

I think Rob Neyer would be interested in this.

It seems like if you could 'fire up' a player into getting more base hits and home runs, they would just do it at will.

Maybe Andruw Jones should say 'Darnit, I'm going to go out and hit 3 homeruns today because I'm fired up!'

I think fire helps teams aggressively run the bases and make the hustle plays, but it's hard to believe that he becomes better at hitting a tiny baseball because he has fire under him.

I dunno. It's really hard to prove either way. You can do statistical analysis, but who cares enough for that, other than Rob Neyer.

The Yankees will be fine. There's just too much potential for them to not at least get the wild card. I don't see a WS this year, but that's been the case for the last 4 years, so it's not a big deal.

I think the Braves (if they can hit) or Marlins will come out of the NL and face the Red Sox or Twins.