• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My early season prediction....came true

Admin

http://www.hawksquawk.net/forums/showflat....rev=1#Post64219

Talk about being DEAD ON....damn I am good laugh.gif

This post was in regard to Childres and then the team

11/06/04

Yes he is struggling right now, I will give you that. However, he has everything that you look for in a star player and something you can teach, size. Lets try and keep in mind that this guy is a rookie and not all rookies are able to make the transition to the NBA perfectly. I think that right now what is holding him back is that he isnt confident in himself. You can see it in his game. He certainly isnt at a loss for hustle because when he is on the court he is busting his butt. Granted he has an ugly shot, but he has always been a good shooter and once he starts to get confidence back in himself we will see what he can really do.

On a side note, last night in the 4th did you guys see Diaw drill consecutive 3 pters from the corner? Sure we were out of the game, but he didnt hesitate to take those shots and hopefully that will carry over to the next game. I have always said that he has the ability to be a good scorer in this league but he just has to learn to not pass up the open shot. We just have to remember that he is young and grew up playing in a league that taught him to pass pass pass rather than shoot. That will come with time.

I honestly believe that by the end of the year we will see Diaw and childress both making huge strides.

I also think that we will see Josh Smith eclipse both of them because with his freakish ability and the confidence that he seems to have the sky is the limit. I really liked what I saw in him last night in the 4th when he air-balled that free throw, the players came over and patted him on the butt and then he swished the next one with the fans heckling him. He definitely has a lot more maturity than anyone gave him credit for.

Last thought here. We are going to be bad this year. There is no doubt in my mind. We will get better as the year goes on, but we are so bad in the paint that there isnt any hope of this team contending. I am perfectly content with that. I know that this team is finally heading in the right direction and Billy wont do anything foolish and try and plug a hole by trading away the future. We will suck all year! We will win a few games based purely on our athletic ability. Next year we will have a ton of cap room (20+ mil), a top 3 lotto pick to use on a PG or C, plus hopefully another lotto pick or young player from whatever team deals for Antoine.

I am very excited about the future and I hope that you guys can get on board and look for the forest beyond the trees.