• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sorriest 2 games......

emeans

I have ever seen from the Atlanta Hawks in the history of the franchise. The Detroit game at HOME was a joke and they are continuing to stink it up in Philadelphia.

Where is the pride? Where is the effort? We have already clinched the most balls in the lottery, so there is absolutely no excuses why they are playing like this. They are not even giving any effort at all. They are turning the ball over like they have never touched a ball in their lives.

I blame a lot of this on Coach Woodson. They are not movitivated to finish the season out on a positive note.

Ridiculus!!!!

Even though we didn't get any definite answers I give Bob Neal and Grant Long alot of credit for asking as many questions as they could about the hawks future. One key question that came up that Grant Long asked was will the hawks draft for need? Billy Knight stated that even though they know what there needs are it doesn't mean they are going to draft based upon that criteria. He said there were some centers in the the past draft that he just felt wasn't right for the team. I am hoping Bogut makes an impression on Billy Knight but with his statement we can't rule out drafting a marvin Williams or Gerald Green.

• Premium Member

Quote:

said there were some centers in the the past draft that he just felt wasn't right for the team.

BK passed over:

David Harrison, Pavel Podkolzine, Peter Ramos, Ha Sueng Jin, But one that sticks out is Jackson Vroman.

Vroman is a guy who is a good interior defender, and in his workouts in Chicago proved to be a good rebounder/passer from the C position. He also runs the floor pretty well for a guy his size.

For BK, we wasn't looking for that type of Guy to play C.

I think BK is looking for a defensive bruiser at C and not a finesse guy..

The other guy we passed up was David Harrison.. He is a guy who had a 64% FG% coming out of CU. Played good defense, ran the floor well, dominated the boards. He also wasn't a BK guy.

Lastly.. This is a guy BK passed on:

Quote:

Podkolzine's size is obviously the main reason he is considered an NBA prospect. But that's not really the whole story. Unlike other International stilts like Gheorge Mhursean and Shawn Bradley, Pavel already has an excellent NBA body which can be carved and molded to handle the wear and tear of an NBA season.While watching him play you can easily tell that his frame is thick and well proportioned, AND he should not have a problem adding on another 30-40 pounds or so of muscle eventually to help him battle inside. He moves extremely well for a 7 footer, running up and down the court with grace and a fluidity that may remind some of Yao Ming. His handles are surprisingly good as well, He is most definitely not a stiff. So in terms of physical attributes, everything is in place to make him the next great dominant center right? Not quite yet. Pavel has only been playing basketball for a couple of years and for at least his first season in the league he will be working more on basic basketball fundamentals like rebounding, and establishing position in the post. Pretty much starting from scratch which some GM's might actually consider a plus. It's important to remember that Podkolzine has received almost no professional coaching in his short basketball career, and he is probably years away from making an impact in the NBA. His defense is really his biggest weakness and he seems to lack the basic shot blocking instincts that other project centers like Bradley and Diop had coming into the league. He doesn't really have any post moves right now, his footwork is awkward around the basket and he tends to float out towards the perimeter where he is a surprisingly good shooter, able to hit the 15 footer on a fairly consistent basis and even step outside and nail the three. But who are you kidding Pavel, do you really think that is what you are being drafted for? He is a very hard worker though and everyone that has met and worked with him says that he has a good personality and is highly coachable. If he is developed correctly and patiently there is no reason to believe that he can't be a starting center and an intimidating shot blocker and rebounder in the paint at the very least. All the tools are there, it just needs to be put together.

So the question is what is BK looking for.

I'm thinking he's looking for what he is always looking for:

Athletic, Long, versatile, and Defense..

Hate to say it, but BK might trade down and take Taft!

frown.gif

Quote:

So the question is what is BK looking for.

I'm thinking he's looking for what he is always looking for:

Athletic, Long, versatile, and Defense..

Hate to say it, but BK might trade down and take Taft!

frown.gif

I sure hope not, and I would turn on him if he did. I don't see why he would not take Bogut. He's a very skilled passing big man. Those guys excel when paired with good slashers. Our 2 other young guns are great slashers. It's a perfect fit dammit!

I actually get the feeling that BK would take Paul at 1, which would piss me off too.

It time to try and start winning some games next. First Ivey and Donte (who I like) are only signed for this year. The team can cut them without penalty next year.

While Ivey is a solid defensive rookie PG, he is merely a serviceable role player. We need two top tier playmaking PGs next year and he doesn't fit that role.

Donte I would keep, however we have so many swing players he probably will be release also, because of the log jam at that position.