• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Only Way I draft Bogut...

LastDon

• Admin

your arguement at the moment! So it means nothing in college... But it means something on the playground? Somehow college attitude and intensity don't translate to the pros. But it does if you play streetball? Give me a break!

And yah, you've heard no GM's comment on his desire and attitude because....NO GM'S HAVE WORKED HIM OUT. I haven't read one report on him by an NBA GM. But college scouts and media "experts" have all commented on it numerous times. Hell, isn't that attitude the reason you dislike him in the first place? His attitude made him say "bring it on" to your darling Wildcats and you proceeded to hate on him ever since.

You're so inconsistant it makes me laugh. I literally laughed out loud when I read your post. For all these years we've talked about euro prospects vs. HS talent and you've consistantly sided with the local HS talent BECAUSE of attitude and desire. You would say things like "these kids are hungry" and that gives them an edge over the more fundamentally sound yet passive euro guys. Why in those cases are the "basics" so unimportant and desire and attitude so key? THose kids have ZERO fundamentals, they're nothing more than athletic potential with attitude. Bogut has the basics, has the fundamentals and he also has the attitude. Yet you refuse to recognize it!

How's that for consistancy!

Quote:

What matters most is The basics.. What can he DO on the next level??

Show some consistancy. US highschool kids with attitude and no basics, no evidence that they can do anything at the pro level, are worthy. While the Euro guys who have the basics and have shown that they KNOW how to contribute to a real team at a pro level, aren't worthy?

Quote:

If he doesn't have latteral quickness or jump, he won't do much.

So now we've boiled success in the NBA down to lateral quickness and vertical? haha. You're like a rookie fighter that closes his eyes and starts swinging wildly when put up against the ropes. You think the flurry is going to confuse the other guy. But all it does is open you up and expose you even further.

I've gone as far as I can go with you on this. If you refuse to recognize the same traits in Bogut that you recognize as key ingredients for success in other players, you have no business commenting on him any further.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

And yah, you've heard no GM's comment on his desire and attitude because....NO GM'S HAVE WORKED HIM OUT.

I'm not talking about Bogut. I'm talking about EVER.. When have you EVER heard a GM talk about a Players Desire being one of the main reasons he was choosen?

Streetball, HS, College, European Desire means NOTHING in the pros. It can get you there... But It doesn't mean much inside the NBA because everybody has desire there.

You keep trying to suggest I'm inconsistent, but there is nothing inconsistent here.

I said HS players are better because of Style of play... Europlayers as I have always said.. Pass more than they play defense.

I also said that basketball here is a culture while over there it is a sport. I think that really goes beyond " An attitude".

Tell me something.. who would you rather go fishing with... A guy who is fishing for Sport or a guy who is fishing for survival? Who's going to be better at it?

I believe it's hard to describe that culture of basketball. Maybe it can be mistaken for Drive. But Even if it's called a drive, it's more than an attitude and it's far beyond any desire that Bogut or any Europlayer has ever had.

20/10/5? Over what? 3, 4 games?

Bogut may turn out to be good, and I certainly hope so, if we get him.. but the KG comparisons are kind of silly.

why silly?

may never come close to happening, but not silly

he's a good enough passer to get 5 assists...and he's a good enough offensive player to get 20pts and he's a good enough rebounder to get 10 rebounds...

i like the brad daughtery comparisons...and brad put up 20.2/10.2/4.4 in a time when there were more good centers than today...

• Premium Member

BTW...

What Conference did Daugherty play in?

How about Bogut?

Who in the WCC is comparable to:

Len Bias?

Horace Grant?

John Salley?

Ralph Sampson?

Danny Ferry?

Anybody on this level??

If not.. Please don't mention Bogut in the same breath with Brad D. again!!!

It's an insult.

Brad D. played against the best competition and amassed his stats versus the best. Bogut amassed his stats versus guys who will work at the grocery store when they finish college.