• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hot Damn Kwame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hotboyj

If you aren't watching WAS/CHI on TNT right now please do so. Everyone that was pissing their pants about Daly yesterday must be soiling themself after watching Kwame in the first half. He already has 13 pts which include some mid-range jumpers and an amazing drive to the goal where I could have sworn I saw Smoove come out of him. The finish was just crazy. If he keeps this performance up tonight, he will have taken the reins from Chandler as top big man in FACY.

By the way,

Who was the guy that kept saying Kwame was the best big man available?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one game is not about to make Kwame better than Daly or Chandler.

I can't think of a single team, outside of the Wiz, that will pay KB more than the mid level. I sure as hell wouldn't.

Remember when Crawford dropped 27 on the Knicks in the playoffs...yeah, that got him a 3 mil per year deal. I like him a lot more than I do Kwame.

Exactly.

remember chris crawford is all I have to say.

No single game will change my opinion on Kwame, and CERTAINLY NOT a measly 13 and 9 in 35 minutes. A #1 pick primed for his 2nd contract should easily be averaging that much

You seem easily impressed by brief highlights. Kwame is not great and neither is Martynas cool.gif

13 and 9? and u guys are thrilled talking about KWAME BROWN?

13/9 are BUST NUMBERS for #1 picks. u can get a NBDL guy to give u 13/9 with significant minutes.

didnt COLLIER (a player we all do not like much around here) have SEVERAL 13/9 games?

i rather sign another COLLIER for the league minimum than sign BROWN for some $$$$.

People, people, can we please be a little nicer. The big thing here aren't the numbers. It is the confidence. Kwame's athleticism alone will get him the big bucks. Yall act like Crawford is the worst thing to come out of Atlanta sicce Isaiah Rider. Crawford's problem isn't that he isn't good enought his problem is staying healthy. What Kwame did for his team was great. He altered shots, got boards, and brought a sense of energy to the sluggish ball club. I have said it a million times, his problem is confidence not skills. He has proved it a million times that he has the skills. He is like Diaw in many ways. Except whenever Kwame does bad his team boos him during the game. Coming home where there is no pressure of doing well sincee there are no other bigmen could break him out of his shell. All I'm saying is that we should give him a chance, the worst we can do is lose money that would be sitting around elsewise.

Quote:

I have said it a million times, his problem is confidence not skills. He has proved it a million times that he has the skills.

All I'm saying is that we should give him a chance, the worst we can do is lose money that would be sitting around elsewise.

When has he proved this? I have not seen any great skills in him. He does have confidence issues, but I don't know that he has the skills and fundamentals. I have not seen any skills that every single other guy his size in the league has (can score a little, rebound a little, block a little). I mean tom gugliotta has better numbers than him in every single category.

And money sitting around is a big deal. As bad as they are, big guys like Kwame are going to get relatively big bucks. Those are the kind of mediocre contracts that end up costing you dearly in the long run. We are going to have to overpay for our FA's at some point. It can't be on busts like Kwame or we won't be able to get the true studs. I would pay twice as much for Dalembert as I would Kwame, and I'm not even all that sure about him.

Crawford? He's one of 3 that I listed. Yes, he was injury prone, but he really only played well for us for 30 games (last year). Other than that, he was pretty cruddy even when healthy. Worthy of 3 million per year? Perhaps, but not worth a 7 year deal.

Focus on Koncak. Croshere.

Particularly Koncak.

At the very least, it sounds like you are wanting to pay Kwame for his potential. I'm a big believer in history and evidence (like Rich McKay is). I say if a guy underachieves for 4 years, I don't want to bet that he's going to turn it around the next year. He might, but the odds are against you.

Same deal for injury prone players. You can't expect them to stay healthy. Same thing for character issues...they tend to linger. Sometimes guys change, but you don't want to go betting $60 million on it, do you?

Quote:

. Crawford's problem isn't that he isn't good enought his problem is staying healthy.

He sucked. He was a league min type of player that was

given atleast 2 million more than he was really worth.

Probably was a nice guy and had some decent scoring

games, but he wasn't a good rebounder or anything.

You are right that he has skills that every other big man in the league does. Except the fact that he is one of the most athletic 7 footers in the league. Not only in hops but in quickness. He is a specimen, he has the talent I should say, he only needs to be able to show it.

Quote:

You are right that he has skills that every other big man in the league does. Except the fact that he is one of the most athletic 7 footers in the league. Not only in hops but in quickness. He is a specimen, he has the talent I should say, he only needs to be able to show it.

You the dudes parent or something? Brown has proved

nothing other than he has confidence issues(which is

a red flag on it's own)and underachieving.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kwame_brown/...x.html?nav=page

That is not the production of a great player.

Skills other big man have? When did he get these great

passing shills? When did he get Dirks jumpshot?

Seems as if you got wimpy Kwame confused with O'Neal

5 years ago. If you can't prove your worth in 30MPG

how else are you going to show it? You act as if he

never gets to play or something.

• Premium Member

The whole leagues sees his potential and his misuse..

I suspect Kwame will get a deal no lower than 6 million.

Say what you want about his time in Washington.. Oneal coming out of Portland was nothing to jump for joy about either. The point is that when it's all done, Kwame is still a 7 footer with good timing on his blocking, who runs the floor well and has good upperbody strength.. and can handle the ball with either hand. PLUS, he's young.

For those of you who say that he will get no better than the MCE.. you need to wake up. IF Foyle got what he got and Foyle was always injured... Kwame will get more than 6 to start.

• Premium Member

Year Age Team Lg G Min Pts PPG FGM FGA FGP FTM FTA FTP 3PM 3PA 3PP ORB DRB TRB RPG AST APG STL BLK TO PF

1996-97 18 POR NBA 45 458 185 4.1 69 153 .451 47 78 .603 0 1 .000 39 85 124 2.8 8 0.2 2 26 27 46

1997-98 19 POR NBA 60 808 269 4.5 112 231 .485 45 89 .506 0 2 .000 80 120 200 3.3 17 0.3 15 58 55 101

1998-99 20 POR NBA 35 310 90 2.6 36 83 .434 18 35 .514 0 1 .000 42 55 97 2.8 13 0.4 4 14 14 41

1999-00 21 POR NBA 70 859 273 3.9 108 222 .486 57 98 .582 0 1 .000 97 132 229 3.3 18 0.3 11 55 47 127

2001-02 19 WAS NBA 57 815 258 4.5 94 243 .387 70 99 .707 0 1 .000 18 180 198 3.5 43 0.8 16 26 43 105

2002-03 20 WAS NBA 80 1773 593 7.4 224 502 .446 145 217 .668 0 3 .000 128 298 426 5.3 58 0.7 50 80 110 159 Log

2003-04 21 WAS NBA 74 2239 805 10.9 288 589 .489 228 334 .683 1 2 .500 178 372 550 7.4 112 1.5 66 52 140 144 Log

2004-05 22 WAS NBA 42 908 292 6.0 109 237 .460 74 129 .574 0 0 .000 72 134 206 4.0 39 0.0 25 15 67 112

• Premium Member

I don't think that there's that much difference in the situations. IN each case, the player in question was being misused...

I think a change of scenery to a team with a different use of Kwame will work the same way it worked for Oneal.

Quote:

The whole leagues sees his potential and his misuse..

I suspect Kwame will get a deal no lower than 6 million.

Say what you want about his time in Washington.. Oneal coming out of Portland was nothing to jump for joy about either.

Everybody knew Jermaine was truly special, and just waiting for a chance to explode. Portland chose to get rid of him because they couldn't find time for him while they were trying to contend. They were idiots. Everybody knew he'd be great. There is absolutely no chance at Kwame being that good. He might be a good NBA starter if he progresses alot, but he won't be special like Jermaine.

Also, I do agree that he will get alot of money. When you see what guys like Foyle got, any big man with any skill or potential will get a big contract. That's exactly why I don't want him. I would like him on the cheap because we can use all the big men we can get, and as bad as he is, he would still probably start for us as of today.

Through 4 years, Kwame got more minutes per game in the season he played the least (14.3) than Jermaine got in any given season.

Kwame:

14.3 MPG

Jermaine:

Jermaine had started 18 games, Kwame 94. Kwame has had a chance, Jermaine never got a chance to show his stuff. There's a big difference

• Admin

That doesn't mean he deserves it though. He's a 7ft former 1st overall pick. There will never be a shortage of teams that are willing to risk a lot on him. But he's just not worthy of the pick or the money that went with it.

And sorry, there is NO comparison between JO and Kwame. JO wasn't misused, he was unneeded. They had sabonis and he was simply a better player at the time. Was it a mistake to not invest more into JO's improvement? yes. They recognized that the minute he suited up for Indiana. They just didn't develop him or give him the opportunities.

Kwame has been given the opportunities, he just doesn't have the talent to deliver on them all the time. He's all potental and little substance. All that ahleticism in a 7' frame is hard to pass up. It's even harder for teams to realise that he's a role player that has star hype. Sure MJ stunted him a little. But that's only a small part of the puzzle.

Of course someone will pay him a lot of money. Hopefully it won't be us.