• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel Ranks the Shooting Gaurds...

Diesel

• Premium Member

This is a weak year for SGs... However, as a Hawks fan, I recognize that we might get a good one in the 2nd round... Here's my ranking...

1. Gerald Green. Ok.. I don't consider GG a strong lottery pick although I like him. I think a guy like Taft would be a better pick because all Gerald can do is score. Still, I think he's the best thing going in the SG market...

2. Eddie Basden. This guy doesn't get enough respect. He will be a surprise out of the draft.

3. Antoine Wright. You got to want a guy that can make the defense backup.

4. Joey Graham. I think he's more Sf than SG. But I think height will make him a Sg.. BUT, he will be a power SG. He reminds me of Pete Myers...

5. Francisco Garcia. I would have this guy higher but he's too dagum Skinny. Still, he's the reason why Louisvill beat GT, Washington and WV.

6. BJ Elder. Can you imagine if this guy would have stayed in Arizona. He reminds me of Big Balla Ed Gray Sizewise, but he is definitely skilled and his strength pushes him above some of the other guys. He will be a good standstill 3 pt threat. He just needs to work on putting the ball on the floor.

7. Luther Head. Head has been my man 50 grand all year. I just think that Head may not have the ability to create for himself. However, he will be a killer from three. His height concerns me a bit too.

8. Juluis Hodge. I think he's getting a bad rap. If he had more speed, he'd be higher. I don't know if he will come into the league as a SF or a SG.. But he has to go to the RUCK and work on his ability to handle the ball in a crowd.

I've seen Kennedy Winston play. I have seen the HSers play once. I think those guys are all overrated. Plus, these are the ones who I know are coming out and can play good defense.

Quote:

6. BJ Elder. Can you imagine if this guy would have stayed in Arizona. He reminds me of Big Balla Ed Gray Sizewise, but he is definitely skilled and his strength pushes him above some of the other guys. He will be a good standstill 3 pt threat. He just needs to work on putting the ball on the floor.

Ummm, BJ never went to Arizona. Will Bynum did. I guess that must be who you're talking about. If you are, BJ Elder is a better SG NBA prospect than Bynum

• Premium Member

Size has me scared with both those guys...

I think Garcia is the right height but he makes Reggie Miller look fat. I think McCants is about 2 inches taller than Paul... And only 2 inches...

Wow, that for sure is a Diesel makes you think list. I guess technically many of those players will play the 2 position in the NBA but hardly any are what I think the Hawks need, a guard that can come off the bench and be counted on to score, preferably from the outside. I still see JChill as our future 2 so I'm really looking to draft a bench player with a second first rounder if we get one. Of course if one of these players later shows enough skill, JChill or that player could fill the 3.

1. Gerald Green

2. Franciso Garcia-helps PG to, put him with Diaw and the point and slide JChill to the 3.

3. Rudy Fernandez-same as with Garcia

4. Rashad McCants-offense off the bench

5. Antoine Wright-dont know anything about him, ranked high

5. Kennedy Winston-scorer off the bench

6. Monta Ellis or Martell Webster or Louis Willims-Hs'ers

7. Salim Stoudamire-tempting as are any of the above with our second rounder, assuming other bigmen and PG's are gone