• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Villanueva Stock will Skyrocket!!!!

LastDon

I think that once the individual workout start and people get a chance to analize this guys all around skill he will move his way into the lottery. I think this guy has the potential to be Rasheed Wallace, or a Derrick Coleman in his prime.

I Love his shot blocking Ability, Length, Athletism and his ability to score inside and out. I hope we trade the number 1 and get Villanueva and Jarret Jack!!!!!!!!!

Charlie V. is the only player coming out of college that I think could be a superstar in the league!!!!!

• Premium Member

Villanueva is definitely a BK type of guy.

And I expect that his stock will improve with personal workouts. He's so versatile.

But...

Unless we make a significant trade, I doubt we go after him.

I don't know if he could be a PF.

Villanueva played mostly 4 this season at UConn with Boone getting most of the time at the 5. I just love his length and his ability to play inside and out.

His game IMO is a combination of Lamar Odom/Rasheed Wallace.

The kid definitely has superstar potential that was hidden because of UConn having such a deep team. I think we should bring him in when we work out Marvin Williams.

Why are people so high on Marvin Williams when he was just a role player at Carolina and low on a guy like Villanueva who played such a prominent role on a top 5 team like UConn.

For the Last 3 months of the season Villanueva was UConn's best player. I can't wait to hear about him working out against Marvin Williams!!!!!

i like villanueva, but there is just something about marvin williams' game. maybe if charlie tried 100% of the time he would be spoken of highly. I think charlie will sneak into the lottery after workouts b/c of his versatility, but i think williams is better, and will be better in the NBA. no question on who # 1 pick should be in my book.

I don't really see it in either of them, although I see more potential in Marvin.

To me Villanueva will be a tweener. I thought he would be awesome coming out of high school, but he has not impressed me too much in college. I mean he's definitely a first rounder, but not a top 10 or anything like that. My main issue with him is that his game is that of a 4, but I think he will be forced to be a 3 in the league. Also he has seemed apathetic at times, just kind of going with the flow

I'm high on neither. I didn't watch a large amount of UNC games, but I caught several during the regular season and most during the tourney...I saw little in Williams that jumped out at me.

Charlie V., from what I've seen, is a fine player but he lacks the athleticism to truly excel at the next level. I think he'll be a good pro~ he has a better skill set by far that someone like Udonis Haslem (not comparing the two, just a generality), but I just dont see that extra sparkle in his game to translate to domination at the next level.

mid to late teens, early twenties (steal there) type guy. probably goes 17-19.

The words Villanueva and superstar do not belong in the same sentence unless you are talking about one of his teammates.

Villanueva is lazy, lacks passion and toughness. He has talent in that he does have a broad skill set but he is nowhere near the athlete that Rasheed Wallace is. He is like Tim Thomas.