• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

ESPN article why Hawks should take point guard,!

thescout10

• Premium Member

This is exactly the point that I've been trying to make for the longest. An impact big man is the fastest way to improve a team. An impact point guard is the best way to improve the talent you already have.

I am more interested in what these players will do for the guys that we have. I keep thinking about how good Chill, Smoove, and even Al will be with a guy who can open their games up for them.

...I really hope we take a PG high.

exactly

bogut will make smoove/chill better as well

and if we then trade al to get felton/deron/ukic/jack, then even better...

sign hughes (unrestricted)

felton/hughes/chill/smoove/bogut...all 5 can PASS...that team could average close to 20 assists in a few years...

bogut is NOT bmiller...bogut is much more like duncan on offense than anyone else...yet he passes better than duncan, but isn't as good defensively...and couldn't play pf as well as duncan...and most likely won't ever be on duncan's level...but he's much more like duncan offensively than bmiller

• Premium Member

Bogut will not improve our interior defense.

That's our biggest problem.

Drobs can pass the ball. But Drobs doesn't solve our interior defense. Bogut and Drobs are no different in that respect.

lol@no different

bogut's team was NINTH in the COUNTRY in defense...that doesn't happen unless ur center can defend...

bogut averaged 2bpg, most coming in the final 2 mins when his coach allowed him to play his full game, not holding back any more...

bogut will be an above average defender...u can quote me on that

• Premium Member

First off,

IN what world is Utah men #9 in defense??

CBS Defensive rankings

If you're talking about scoring defense... Give me a break... Scoring defense normally has very little to do with actual defense but everything to do with tempo. Teams like Princeton has made a living being at the top of a scoring defense list because they slowed the pace down so tht the score would be 51-50. That doesn't mean that they played awesome defense at all.

As proof, I offer this:

Scoring differential

The scoring differential tells you a little more than the tempo does. Utah is on the list, but nothing has been said about Bogut's contribution.

Dude you need to watch him play.

Nobody has ever come away from watching a Utah game and saying... Wow, that Bogut is a helluva defender. Not even an above average defender. In fact, most of the time, guys take the ball right at Bogut and score.

• Premium Member

Dude.

Guys that can move their feet faired well against Bogut.

What do you think the NBA is filled with. You guys kill me talking about how Bogut will never see a 6'9" 6'8" player. Let me tell you, once the league finds out that he's a horrid defender against players that can move their feet, that's all he will see.