• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Randolph Morris enters NBA draft

thescout10

I was interested on what everybody thought about Morris's decision.He isn't ready and I think he goes back to school.Considering though the lack of big men in the NBA someone will take a chance on him and hopefully develop his skills.So does this chnage the hawks plan if they acquire another no1 pick and don't draft bogut would they draft morris?

Kentucky's Morris eyes NBA Draft; no agent yet

May 10, 2005

By Gregg Doyel

CBS SportsLine.com Senior Writer

Tell Gregg your opinion!

Kentucky freshman Randolph Morris will enter the 2005 NBA Draft but not sign with an agent, leaving open the option of returning to the Wildcats for his sophomore season, CBS SportsLine.com has learned.

The 6-foot-11, 265-pound Morris averaged 8.8 points and 4.2 rebounds in 19.8 minutes as a freshman. He's not ready for the NBA from a skill perspective, but his size and back-to-the-basket inclinations will merit a look from NBA scouts.

Morris will be the second UK underclassman to enter the draft. Junior Kelenna Azubuike has entered and signed with an agent.

• Premium Member

I think he's just testing to see if he gets a first round pick. For that reason, I think he will be a second rounder. If he is in the second round, we have to see if he will stay with us if we picked him up.

I think it would be a nice thing 4 yrs down the road if we have: Morris, Smith in Atlanta when we try to Woo Howard to come!

I think for a guy with his size and potential you tell him that if he is there at 31 we take him and give him a 3 year guaranteed contract just like a 1st rounder..He has too much potential to pass up..I would much rather have Randolph than any of the 6'9" 260 lb undersized post players that are expected to be mid to late 1st rounders.

• Premium Member

I would take Morris over any of those 6'9 post players with the exception of May, Simien, or Diogu. Those three guys will be talented Pfs.

I think Morris will be a talented C, but he's definitely still raw and needs more time in the college ranks.. However, I would pick him up at 31. In fact, if Diaw could get us a Late 1st rounder, I would take him with that.

• Premium Member

First game of the year against Coppin State, I said to my friend, "I can't believe Morris is a freshman. He really plays like he knows what he's doing out there. He's the most ready-made for the NBA of anyone out there, including Chuck Hayes."

By the end of the season, it was apparent that there's a reason I'm not employed as an NBA scout.

If there's anyone on the UK team that desperately needs to stick around, Morris is that person. Btw, I'm NOT a UK fan, I just go to a lot of their games.

No, I wouldn't take him.

By the time he's actually developed enough to be productive, he'll be a free agent.

• Moderators

I think he was really starting to dominate some teams at the end of last season and that the biggest trouble he had was with foul problems. Morris will probably be a lottery pick if he comes back next year and almost surely a lottery pick if the NBA institutes an age limit for next year's draft. If he comes out I suspect he will go somewhere between 16-28 in the first round based on his size.

If someone took Diop, Araujo, etc. in the lottery then someone like Morris will definitely go first round even if he is in need of plenty of development.