• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we trade Al, Who needs him?

tmac13

There has been alot of talk about trading Al for filler and a 2nd 1st round draft choice..Here are the teams that might need a sf/pf type that might trade a 1st for Al..

New Orleans..I doubt they would trade their pick unless they really get screwed in the lottery..

Toronto..They could use Al and they are run by Babcocks..

Charlotte..Al could team with Okafur to form a decent forward duo.

New Jersey..They desperately want a pf that will keep Kidd happy..More more interested in winning now than developing draft picks.

Memphis..Will need a replacement for Swift.

Houston..Al and Yao..That just sounds good.

I think Charlotte and Toronto maybe most likely simply because they have 2 1st rounders each..New Jersey may want him the most and will have a number 15 pick to trade..Memphis might not be for a pick, but could be in a sign and trade for Swift..

Thoughts?

Why isn't anyone talking about the Knicks? I wouldn't be surprised to see Isaiah trade his pick for AH.

NY is very much in a 'win-now' situation with those contracts. Marbury/Crawford/Thomas/Al/Sweetney ain't a bad team.

We'd have to take back a bad contract...

• Premium Member

I agree.

Isiah was the guy to play and develop Al as a Pacer. I think he would take Al over the guys he has now and over a #8 pick.

I think we might have to take a bad contract back because NY doesn't have good contracts..

But either Rose or JYD and NY's lottery pick for Al.

I'd take JYD because he brings good energy and would be nice off the bench.

That would mean #1, #8, JYD in a perfect world.

jersey needs a big man...IF they had money, they'd be targeting one in free agency. heck, maybe they go for Kwame since he'll be cheap...

i mean if we got good return for Al, i'd be for it, but we have talent with him there...i really think we should focus on filling our center, pg needs WITHOUT opening a hole there.

then again Bk has done it before with shareef.

u do realize that al will NOT sign an extension under 9-10mil/year in October, right?

which means will WILL be trading him at the deadline...which means we WILL only get a mid-first (like #17 or future lakers) for him...in next year's draft...

i'd rather get a mid-high first in this year's draft so we can get our pg of the future than get a mid-low first in next year's draft

• Premium Member

Al is 6'9 250...

How is that undersized?? I think he's bigger than Karl Malone ever was..

Just because he's not a freak like KG, Gasol, Duncan, and Dirk doesn't mean that he's undersized.

But on a side note...

IS EDS representative of your initials?

I pretty much agree with you that he really is not undersized, but the Knicks have a number of players of similar stature (i.e., K. Thomas, M. Sweetney, J. Williams, M. Rose), so he doesn't really work there unless they get a center.

Personally, I rather keep him.

• Premium Member

They have to draft the player first, then make the trade because of the rule preventing teams from trading consecutive 1st round draft picks. Not that it really matters, but if such a deal were to go down...we probably wouldn't hear anything about it until draft day.

Right. Forgot about that, though I think I posted on it a few months ago.

Still wouldn't surprise me to see AH for NY pick + contract.

NY probably can't wait 4 years for Gerald Green to develop. They have no need for Felton. Any frontcourt player worthy of their pick would take at least 3 years to be a major contributor.

I think we've found ourselves a trading partner.

• Premium Member

I'm thinking Woodson would want Sean May!

May is not high on my personal List. I think I like Frye and Villanueva Better but I think Woody would take May. I have to admit, after his tourney, May has the type of game that you can put an offense around. Defense is where I see the problem. i don't think he plays good defense.