• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Memphis is ripe for a trade....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Al/Boris/Collier/Peja/#31 to Memphis for J-Will/Wright/#19.

The word is that Memphis wants to trade out of the first round. I suppose that Jerry West wants to clean some house and make room for future FAs. This trade cuts cost for Memphis. Gives them a little bit of Wiggle room this season. It also gets rid of J-Will who West may waive otherwise. It also gives Memphis a true player in Al.

For us, it gives us 2 players that we can use right now AND #19..

• Premium Member

They can still resign Swift.

In fact, the deal gives them more money under the cap to do just that.

As far as a servicable big man, they get AL..

Watson/Miller/Al/Gasol/Wright or Peja or Jake

• Premium Member

Aren't you excited by the 19th pick in the draft?

Let me give you a few examples..

Bogut*/Wright/Smoove/Chillz/Jack*.

Wright/Diogu*/Smoove/Chillz/D.Williams*

Frye*/Smoove/Williams*/Chillz/J-Will.

Bogut*/Simien*/Smoove/Chillz/J-Will

• Premium Member

Unfortunately...

Vecsey..

Along with this:

Quote:

The Grizzlies are trying to trade Jason Williams to the Timberwolves for Sam Cassell, or anywhere, for that matter, for anyone

Al's a tweener. He can not play center and is not an ideal PF (does not rebound enough). Isn't that the reason you want to ship him out?

As for Swift, I guess its possible that he may return to Memphis but not likely. Although, shipping Wright out would possibly create more playing time for Swift, is there a way for Memphis to secure Swift before the draft? Wouldn't they have to wait until afterwards to sign FAs?

• Admin

Doing a deal like this is really more about the pick than it is about the player. if we can pick up a solid bench guy, or evne a solid starter quality player (jwill, wright), all the better. But the pick is really the meat of it all.

I think we can get a good PG prospect at 31. But a deal that moves us up into the mid-first round sweetens it even more. With a pick in that area we stand a good chance of getting someone like Jack or Felton.

which still leaves us iwth our top 4 pick that we can use to pick bogut or whoever you might desire and we're still left with a TON of cap money to spend however we see fit.

How can anyone not be excited with any deal that allows us:

1. keep our top 4 pick

2. Fill our most pressing needs (pg/C)

3. not spend any cap money to fill those spots

that's like a double bonus super win if you ask me.

• Premium Member

It's also the reason I have him playing in Memphis' 3/4 rotation.

I think he'd be good beside Gasol. Gasol is not a low post Pf. Al is not a wing oriented SF. West would still have to get a real C... but who knows?

Seems like a reasonable trade for both teams. Two first rounders plus two fairly good players to go along with the Joshes gives us a fairly good team already. Without looking at the contracts, I assume we'd be taking on around $5mil in salary if not more but that's not bad, we have tons. More importantly whoever we are likely to draft should fit well with that team. Bogut and Jack or Ukic would work well. In a few years as our youth develops we could part ways with Jason and Lorenzen. Let's do it!

We aquire another first round pick, and a point guard that I like. I would like for the trade to happen, but I don't see the Grizzles doing it.

Alot of rumors are going on about the Grizzles.

A Grizzles/T-Wolves rumor is also going on that would send the below players to the following teams:

Sam Cassell to the Grizzles

J-Williams to the T-Wolves