• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Al to the Twolves?

Diesel

I rather just do Al for thier lottery pick since there is no way Cassell plays in Atlanta - he bitched about his contract all year in Minn. and there is no way he will play for a bottom feeder without a big contract revision. The guy basically quit on them last year, forget him.

• Moderators

You are right about Cassell not playing in Atlanta. I guess we are there in the nba now where guys who have never won anything can refuse to play for any team that's not championship caliber. Cassell is one of my all time favorites but what happenned to having a little pride and believing that you can make a difference on a team. How big of an accomplishment is it to sign with a team that's already winning championships just to get ring.

Anyway. I'd do this in a heartbeat if he'd play here or we could trade him for something else.

• Premium Member

I would do a three way...

Al/#31 to Minny.

Sam/Next yrs 1st from Boston to the Lakers.

Lakers Lottery. Minny's Lottery. Atkins/Jones to Atlanta.

I just don't think Sam has the value.

However:

Al/#31 to Minny.

Sam to Memphis

J-Will/Minny's Lottery/#19 from Memphis to Atlanta!

Nope. Sam Cassell is just about done. Sam really

isn;'t worth the trouble.... Really he is one

(if not the worst) defensive players in the entire

league and he is far too old. I think the Hawks

could get alittle better than a broke down Sam

Cassell.

Sam don't have the value because not only is he

one of the worse defensive guards in the league,

but his offensive and health seems to be gone

also. I don't see a real reason for doing this.

Say no to hasbeens.

I like that one, I'm not so sure that Memphis would give up that much just to get rid of J-Wil, but they might. I've read that they're looking to get out of their pick. In your scenario I'd take out the #31 to Minny b/c imo they would make out like bandits getting a draft pick and Harrington for just a mid first and a player they don't want anyway in Cassel. I think Harrington is worth a mid first by himself, however I don't share other board member's opinion that he could bring as high as a #5.

• Premium Member

Well, the reason I put #31 in their is because Minny's pick is a lottery pick not a mid round pick.

It would mean that we would have:

J-Will, #(1-4), #11, #19... That's pretty good.

How many players can you develop at the same time?

This year the team had 4 rookies and Diaw to develop, and we complained that certain players did not see the court enough. How would you spread playing time for 3 rookies, 4 sophomores, and Diaw (if still with team) while at the same time giving time to the impact FAs you we need to sign at G and C?